Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

SteveAS

Practically Family
Somebody should be happy with this old Dobbs Leisure Light. I have one just like it and love the hat . . . great felt and proportions.

$(KGrHqIOKi4E20Yf5Q1LBNyIHDtj6g~~0_3.JPG

ejbhats

A-List Customer
Women's hats are often sized by the circumference in inches, hence the 23, which is around a size 7 3/8.

Brad

Hmmm? Hadn't thought of that. Maybe that explains the cloth band. Figured it was an option opposed to a leather sweat on a lightweight.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I won this hat this afternoon:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...2BnRvDk%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I couldnt pass it up this time. I missed it when it was sold by the original seller, and luckily Rilico bought it and resold it. I love the proportions and its my first NRA labeled hat. The moth damage in the rear of the hat doesnt bother me. It will be added to my pre-1940 collection. I just love the sweatband in the hat and the colors just popped out to me. I wonder if this "Gordon" is the same company as the Gordons that Dinerman owns or owned? I would assume it is, but one can never be too sure. I cant wait to have it in my hands.

I was watching that one closely but again decided not to bid. I thought it was just a tad too much moth damage. Still a very nice hat. Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I was watching that one closely but again decided not to bid. I thought it was just a tad too much moth damage. Still a very nice hat. Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks, Mario! I just had to have the hat as an example piece. Ive never seen another one like it and those colors just spoke to me. I still have never seen a sweatband quite like that one either. I hope the moth damage can be toned down a little with some good steaming and brushing. If not, its okay. The hat might be a really tight fit on me, but like I said, it is mostly just going to "collection" status and not "everyday wear" status.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
It did jump a bit at the end, but this 7xCB western still went very cheap.

I had friends over last night and had the computer on for the sole purpose of bidding on this hat. I was bragging about how cheap I would procure this hat and explaining the awesomeness that is 7x beaver. But I lost....

The winner ruined my dinner party. Remember that the next time any of you think about bidding on a poorly listed 7x. ;)

Last edited:

billyspew

One Too Many
I had friends over last night and had the computer on for the sole purpose of bidding on this hat. I was bragging about how cheap I would procure this hat and explaining the awesomeness that is 7x beaver. But I lost....

You ruined my dinner party Lefty. Remember that the next time you think about bidding on a poorly listed 7x. ;)

Fairly certain Lefty did no bid and did not win as that hat is 2 sizes too small for him!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Mario! I just had to have the hat as an example piece. Ive never seen another one like it and those colors just spoke to me. I still have never seen a sweatband quite like that one either. I hope the moth damage can be toned down a little with some good steaming and brushing. If not, its okay. The hat might be a really tight fit on me, but like I said, it is mostly just going to "collection" status and not "everyday wear" status.

Ah, the collector's bug...quite a dangerous athropod indeed! ;)

By now I've downsizd my 'collection' from something like 35 to a mere 8 hats. And even though I'm constantly scanning the 'Bay I won't be buying another one unless it really screams at me to buy it. The same is true for all other kinds of wardrobe. I've never been much of a collector just for the sake of it - with the little exception of that initial feeding frenzy two years ago... :rolleyes: :D

All that said you've scored a few really nice hats over those last couple of month. :)

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's what I get for skimming the post. I thought he said he bid. Heh.

Still, great hat for a great price!

When I thought I could get it for under $60, I was going to bid, just to resell it.
Those last 10 seconds are always unpredictable, so you've never got it until you've got it.

Justin B

One Too Many
I won this hat this afternoon:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=270747163226&si=aEFVm%252FdenFDCuzE%252FO2glM%252BnRvDk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
I couldnt pass it up this time. I missed it when it was sold by the original seller, and luckily Rilico bought it and resold it. I love the proportions and its my first NRA labeled hat. The moth damage in the rear of the hat doesnt bother me. It will be added to my pre-1940 collection. I just love the sweatband in the hat and the colors just popped out to me. I wonder if this "Gordon" is the same company as the Gordons that Dinerman owns or owned? I would assume it is, but one can never be too sure. I cant wait to have it in my hands.

Was hoping you were who got this one. When I saw it I knew it'd be one you'd want. Look forward to seeing pictures of it all cleaned up.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It looks like one, but it seems odd that it's not marked as such. That seems like it would have been a high-end feature on a mid-range hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ