Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HatsEnough

Banned
That bowler intrigued me because it is definitely an early 1900s one (maybe even as late as the 1890s, but with the size tag sticker, maybe not). It is much taller than most and the brim has much more curve than later bowlers. It seems like a very cool, early model from no later than the 20s. And, heck, at $25 it was a steal despite a few condition issues.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Neat Derby (not a bowler, remember!) and is almost certainly 19th century. That style was pretty much out of fashion by 1910. Looks like it doesn't have a D'Orsay curl in most of the photos, but looks can be deceiving. Looking forward to seeing more about it.

Brad

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
As the unofficial and self-appointed lol defender of the Crofut & Knapp legacy, I'm sworn to uphold the purity of nomenclature of American-made Derbies and British-made Bowlers. I've also been known to swing into action to smite the use of Cavanaugh over the correct Cavanagh.

So just imagine how this 1936 ad sent me over the edge of hysteria into a catatonic state: lol

1936CavanaghBowler.jpg

Brad

davidraphael

Practically Family
This is one hell of a BIZARRE way of selling a Borsalino!

Here's the description at Ebay:

DR, this is from the E Bay site of a hatter that is not allowed mentioned here. It has been decided that like Voldmort... he shall remain nameless.
There is a long history with him and the Lounge.
You can see from the description one of the reasons it is as it is.
Thanks,
RBH

Last edited by a moderator:

Van De Laak

New in Town

Walt

One of the Regulars
Ordered yesterday my first pork pie... its a Bailey. I thought it was a quite good deal, especially with the shipping which was affordable. (I live outside of the US, and they don't sell any hats here (H.K.) except too small, mass produced Trilby hats) Some of the shipping fees on eBay are crazy. Anyone has experience with this particular hat > Bailey Willis.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140591031941&category=2998&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

I'm not a big fan of wool (as most on here aren't--real fur is nicer), but I will admit to owning several Bailey wool hats (not this model though) and if it is like the ones I have it is well made hat and for a wool hat the felt is not bad. For a wool hat I think Bailey makes one of the best products out there (they do also make fur felt, but seem to make more wool models). I looked on Bailey's site and couldn't find that model listed so perhaps it is a discontinued style. Their website is www.baileyhats.com/. Looks like a decent price and should be a good first hat. I hope you enjoy it. Cheers!

BTW. It looks different from the typical pork pie (but the dark color on my LCD monitor makes it hard to fully make out). Looks like it has a fedora pinch in the front of the crown instead of the typical telescope of the pork pie. Here's another bailey pork pie:
1451.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Think I did pretty well on this St. Regis that arrived two days ago (no pics yet). Actually looks better than this, came with a center dent and light side pinches, he took it to open crown for the auction pics. Seems to be in great shape, unfortunately just a bit snug even though it's my size. I'll just try a very mild steam and stretch, if no joy it'll either be relegated to "collection" status, or a "catch and release" program. Doubt I'll wear a Homburg much anyway, but I've wanted to have one.

Snagged this decent looking unlined Adam today for a nice BIN. Hope it fits! Not sure of the color, looks to be maybe an olive/brown. Hoping it tends more towards olive (lots of brown hats, only the Camp Draft in green so far).

ETA: Corrected links! Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy