Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I was watching that Adam and I agree that it should be a nice hat. Looks like you got it for a pretty good price as well.

T Rick

Practically Family
I'm patiently waiting for this one to arrive http://www.ebay.com/itm/360387499480?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Judging from the "lay of the land" (I don't know how to say this, I mean the smaller "sub-creases", the depressions in the felt near the "corners"), this might be a nice hat. Hopefully that, and the right size...
Glad that went to a Lounger, I was seriously thinking of going after it too. Great looking hat, but I looked at the hat racks and a bunch of brown hats... none quite like that one though, but I can't go after all of them. Was really tempted!

Yes, I have a small head so hopefully it'll work out. Here're the auction pics. I'm really a great fan of the pretension of this sweatband.

$(KGrHqR,!j!E4rl)ogqSBOP2bmZevQ~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!i4E4rQTqjjuBOP2ceqZ3g~~_12.JPG

billyspew

One Too Many

HatsEnough

Banned
LOL. I saw an ebay listing for a hat that the seller claimed was at 20 inches circumference. I thought that seemed rather small and messaged him to ask him to be sure. He messages back saying it is 22-1/2 inches. MAN did that hat grow!
:)

HatsEnough

Banned
This one is funny, too. Not long ago I bought a 1950s era Knox hat box -- one of the tall ones that can fit 3 hats. It came wrapped only in paper and, naturally, completely smashed. This mope didn't even put anything inside the box to give it some resistance to being smashed.

So, I gave a bad feedback, of course.

I just got a feedback change request from this seller wanting me to erase my bad feedback and give her good feedback.

And what did she offer to entice me to change my feedback?

Did she offer a refund?

Even a partial refund?

A replacement, maybe?

Nope.

Here is what she offered that was sure to make me reverse myself, forget that the item I bought was shipped badly and totally damaged when I got it....

"sorry. please change the feedback."

Wow. I've been softened!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
What? You're not going to change the feedback after she said "Sorry" and even "Please"? What a heartless cad you must be! lol

But now I am curious... what did she say when you first received it and reported the problem to her?

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
What? You're not going to change the feedback after she said "Sorry" and even "Please"? What a heartless cad you must be! lol

But now I am curious... what did she say when you first received it and reported the problem to her?

LOL.

She said "sorry" that time, too. But she added "I really try to ship things the best. Please don't leave a bad feedback."

Then she stopped sending me messages. But today I got that ebay remediation request.

Hilarious.

marshack

New in Town
I have a gripe that I'm sure others have on Ebay. I hate when people don't put the size of the hat in the title under the picture of the hat. Even better....sometimes they don't even put the size of that hat in their description at all!

I have a 7 3/4 sized head so I know I'm looking for a needle in a hay stack when it comes to finding a hat that will fit my melon, but people would make my futile search much less aggravating if I didn't have to click on hundreds of hats to find out they're a size 7.

Thanks for letting me vent....I feel better now....back to my quest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Look at the from the other perspective as well, Marshack; if the listing is not very well written, the better the chance you will be the only one finding it!

Walt

One of the Regulars
I have a gripe that I'm sure others have on Ebay. I hate when people don't put the size of the hat in the title under the picture of the hat. Even better....sometimes they don't even put the size of that hat in their description at all!

I have a 7 3/4 sized head so I know I'm looking for a needle in a hay stack when it comes to finding a hat that will fit my melon, but people would make my futile search much less aggravating if I didn't have to click on hundreds of hats to find out they're a size 7.

Thanks for letting me vent....I feel better now....back to my quest

//BEGIN MY RANT
I know what you mean! I'm a smaller size so the finding isn't a problem (though sometimes the price to win is...) but have after missing too many from not seeing until they are on this thread or a closed search have resorted to "deep-diving" through the listings (as well as doing size searches). Can burn a lot of time doing that. I'm a software engineer so I'm investigating making use of the API's of ebay's SDK to see if I can getter better search results (of course that won't fix wrong size listed, not listed, etc). Looking at their SDK it looks like it is possible to have more options than the ebay web browser provided search options. Also looking into software that is out there to see what it will do (i.e. to see what others may have done with better than the web based searches).

Sometimes I feel like messaging sellers that don't give size info (or ridiculous or vague info) and saying something like...would you buy a friggin' pair of pants or shoes without knowing what the size is!!! (Of course I know there are a few guys out there that don't care about the size and want to put the hat in a display case, but not me---I want to wear them so people will stare at me more than the guy with full body tatoos, piercings and surgical implants to make him look like a lizard!) As DJH says sometimes it can work in the buyers advantage (you would think a seller would not want that but I guess if they are selling a hat they bought for pennies for say $50 they might be thrilled and not think...gee I could have got even more had I had enough brains to figure out and accurately list what the size really is....
//END MY RANT

BTW, I hope you are far enough inland to be away from that storm (though as I type this looks like the winds will be less a problem than flooding)!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters