Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
NICE, NICE catch !! As to what crease I'll have to say I'm not a fan of the C-Crown/Teardrop style as they are to commonly seen . I'm also from an area where I'm used to seeing these in the Cattlemans crease which I like. If I was going to change it, I would put as deep a center dent as possible with long front pinches extending past the ribbon bow. Give it a try since that felt looks to be quite maleable and you can always change it ! Again NICE, NICE HAT :)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yep, very nice Omne - great when everything works out.

If it were mine, I'd keep the crease just as it is. Then again, I like the taller crown look.

I just got my Stetson 100. ...

So now I work on the bash. I'm thinking C Crown. I want to get the total crown height down some, this is bit higher than I'm used to. Suggestions for the best type to do that would be welcome.

I like a diamond like in this 7X Clear Beaver
Photo-0102.jpg

or this classic center dent
vintageOR1.jpg

vintageOR2.jpg

vintageOR3.jpg

HatsEnough

Banned
I really got slammed in an ebay auction this week. Bought a Wormser with a mid sized ribbon. Sell said size 7. Comes in and it is a size 6-5/8!!!

Have complained twice now and no reply from seller.

mattface

Practically Family
I really got slammed in an ebay auction this week. Bought a Wormser with a mid sized ribbon. Sell said size 7. Comes in and it is a size 6-5/8!!!

Have complained twice now and no reply from seller.

If the item is not as described, and you file an "item not as described" case, ebay will refund your money. the one time I had to do that they even paid my return shipping.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The Hatlife issues are full of great info. That we try to piece together after the fact. The HatLife trade journals are full of the information that we ask about hat models. Being a history buff they are well worth the money. Just hope to see some of the info in this copy soon.:)

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
I had to laugh. I just saw an auction from a seller trying to sell a Stetson Whippet for a buy-it-now of $225. Wouldn't be so bad if the hat was a big size. But it's a... get this... 6-5/8!! This mope will never sell that teeny, tiny hat for more than $50 tops.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I had to laugh. I just saw an auction from a seller trying to sell a Stetson Whippet for a buy-it-now of $225. Wouldn't be so bad if the hat was a big size. But it's a... get this... 6-5/8!! This mope will never sell that teeny, tiny hat for more than $50 tops.

Truth is told there, but geez, it makes me wish I could wear a size like that, in the past month or so there have been some amazing nice hats that size...(sigh), on eBay and sold for next to nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24