Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I blew my budget on that one. Its a rare hat and I was hoping I'd find a tuxedo hat so I went all in. I figured if I wanted it I would have to bid really high but I didn't think that high.

Wonderful hat! I think that we can safely call it a "Four Way" and add,

4. The Big Spender

;)

HatsEnough

Banned
LOL. Its alright bud, this month I've bought quite a few hats that I don't really have room for either. :)

This is exactly why I've slowed buying quite a bit. I've about decided to stop getting anything that isn't a Stetson and the Stetson's I'm looking at are one that I have no other example of.

I am watching a bunch of hats but most only to see where the prices go.

scooter

Practically Family
I'm doing a little catch up reading as I was preoccupied by my granddaughter this morning, but this is for Matt and his shower comment.

Generally speaking, I think most of us remove the underwear before showering, so they're not damp after. :D

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This is exactly why I've slowed buying quite a bit. I've about decided to stop getting anything that isn't a Stetson and the Stetson's I'm looking at are one that I have no other example of.

I am watching a bunch of hats but most only to see where the prices go.

Only buying Stetsons huh....good to know. ;)

I completely understand where your coming from. Since the basis of my collection is really pre-1940, but mostly pre-1930, I still buy a good amount of weird interesting old hats. At some point, I will have to take a break from buying, but every time I try to, I just buy a bunch of "cheaper" priced hats so I don't feel so bad. LOL.

HatsEnough

Banned
I have finally figured out how to word the question to get clueless sellers to tell me what a brim measures in at.

I used to say, "what does the brim measure?"

This would bring me any manner of replies. One guy said 14 inches. Naturally the idiot was measuring from one end of the hat to the other and not measuring the brim. I'd also get replies back saying they had no idea how to answer because they didn't know "which brim" to measure.

But since I started asking the question a new way I've been getting better answers. I have been saying "What does the brim measure. Is it over two inches?"

This gives them the first clue that they are looking for something to measure that could be at least two inches to start with!

It's like dealing with ten-year-olds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo