Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

TipTop

Practically Family
Great finds Robert and Josh.

Josh, the Stetson profile by Elbert Hubbard is one from a folio of essays. The Roycrofters were an arts & crafts community based in East Aurora, NY about 15 miles south of Buffalo. Hubbard died in the sinking of the Lusitania so this appears to have been printed in the period afterwards. There used to be a lot of their print works in antique stores in the area. They are quite beautifully done with leaf and hand tinted illumination. When you come visit, we will journey down there and have a look at what remains of the Roycroft campus.

elbert-hubbard-head-and-shoulders-portrait-facing-front.jpg

Fascinating contrast in the plumage on this dude, Alan: Big Hat, bigger tie, and tiny narrow lapels.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Should be great. Probably the most varied and interesting season in the history of US Hats.

Great finds Robert and Josh.

Josh, the Stetson profile by Elbert Hubbard is one from a folio of essays. The Roycrofters were an arts & crafts community based in East Aurora, NY about 15 miles south of Buffalo. Hubbard died in the sinking of the Lusitania so this appears to have been printed in the period afterwards. There used to be a lot of their print works in antique stores in the area. They are quite beautifully done with leaf and hand tinted illumination. When you come visit, we will journey down there and have a look at what remains of the Roycroft campus.

elbert-hubbard-head-and-shoulders-portrait-facing-front.jpg

+1

Worth every penny to an appreciative soul like you.

Congratulations!

Thanks so much, Gentlemen!!! I'm really excited to get both items, but especially that salesman folder. The mid-teens were my absolute favorite time for hats.

Alan, thanks so much for the info! I had no idea about the Roycrofters or Elbert Hubbard. I really have to make it out to Buffalo soon. I think visiting the Roycroft campus would be VERY interesting. :yo:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Geez, my Wife finds these nice hats for me all the time, this one was an eBay home run, had to steam it for a few to get rid of the long time cattlemen LBJ look it had, but in less than 5 minutes, I had it looking like it does now. Our mail comes fairly early here, this is what she woke me up with today...pleasant to rise to such a nice addition. Now where to store it?!? lol!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Deadbeat Buyers

Perhaps this would be worth a separate thread, a place to warn others of bad ebay buyers' indentities. Depends on how many of you folks have similar tales, I guess.

You can set your Ebay preferences to block certain buyers from bidding on your items, I think.

Here are the first 2 on my list:

esp_fan*2007 (ran the bidding up to disclose his competition, the fellow below) then retracted his bids.)

theconnors184 (didn't pay for the item he won from me; didn't answer messages.)

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perhaps this would be worth a separate thread, a place to warn others of bad ebay buyers' indentities. Depends on how many of you folks have similar tales, I guess.

You can set your Ebay preferences to block certain buyers from bidding on your items, I think.

esp_fan*2007 (ran the bidding up to disclose his competition, the fellow below) then retracted his bids.)

'dooch,

theconnors184 has quite a number of hats up. Why not BIN on that black Stetson & play a little quid pro quo? :decision: (I am on right)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
'dooch,

theconnors184 has quite a number of hats up. Why not BIN on that black Stetson & play a little quid pro quo? :decision: (I am on right)

Funny you should mention that, Rick. I sent a message to him asking how he'd appreciate my doing just that! No response, and I don't wish to sink to his level. Onward and upward.

MJD, that's a sweet little hat. Congratulations!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This arrived from eBay today...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/370607557038...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1450wt_1039

Had to reblock it but otherwise it's PERFECT. I don't think it's ever been worn!

Cool, mjd. I have a Barrister as well - they are nice hats and not too common. You should take a few photos and put them in the (rather short at the moment) Barrister thread, when you get the chance.

Mine is the one that Alan is modeling in that thread. Hmm, I've not worn it for a while, maybe tomorrow will be a Barrister day!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

We have not sold very much on eBay to have had such a problem. It sort of stinks you have run into it, but file your claim against the buyer for not paying. In the mean time, thank you for posting about the problem with these two knuckle heads....!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Funny you should mention that, Rick. I sent a message to him asking how he'd appreciate my doing just that! No response, and I don't wish to sink to his level. Onward and upward.

Good on ya'! A better man than I ! (Damning w/ faint praise, that).

If that SOB ain't a member- dollars t' donuts he is a lurker.
I am certain.

I have been tempted to bid on his auctions (or may already have) but now, knowing he's a TOOL! I will think twice.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
This is not the first time I have seen issues due to rip off artist being on eBay being discussed here on the Lounge. However, it tends to make a person not want to do much on eBay. Look at how many people buy from other loungers and never have a issue about anything at all when the transaction is all through the lounge itself? Makes me proud to be on the Lounge and feel badly towards the eBay....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff