Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
Great win... and one of the best auction typos I've seen in lately. See how it looks when it arrives. In less severe lighting, the moth tracks might not bother you. I've used the point of a needle to release the felt nap at the nips, which can lessen the visibility of certain moth damage. The coarser the felt finish, the easier it is to work on this.

Alan, yes, I was VERY lucky with this one. I was expecting a last second snipe to take it near $100 and was happy when it didn't happen. The typo certainly helped but if others search like me, they would have found it by simply typing "Knox hat". Sometimes I just don't understand how this eBay fishing works.

Thank you for the tip on the moth tracks; I'll try the needle method and perhaps those tracks are not as bad as they look. I'll post some pictures in the Knox thread when I receive it.

Landman

One Too Many
I discovered this purely by chance. I was trying to fluff up a small moth bite with a pin and had a watchband link removing tool laying on my desk. I tried the sharp two prong end of it and found that it does a great job of touching up a moth bite. It works so good that on a couple of my hats I have a hard time finding where the moth bite was. Just take your time, fluff the bottom of the bite up a little and then blend the sides of the bite in with it. Don't press too hard because that end is very sharp. Below is a link to one on EBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Band-...ultDomain_0&hash=item3a76fea8ab#ht_3447wt_922

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I'm very excited about winning this one! I had my eye on it since it was posted. Cavanagh, 7 1/4 w/ a nice full crown, wide ribbon, and maybe a 2 1/4" - 2 3/8" brim. Includes the matching hat box. Paid and shipped, will hopefully see it by the end of the week or Monday!! :D

CavanaghHat-Grey.jpg

Ande1964

Practically Family
I finally scored a Playboy last night. Very excited about it. I'm going to have to sell a lightweight Borsalino to pay for it. I thought the price on the Stetson was pretty fair, especially given that shipping is free. By the way, I have offered to help pay for some of the shipping costs, given the size of the box.

Anj

PS- I'll be damned if I can get the image loader on this site to work. Tried loading from image on my hard drive and an image on my web site. Local image said (undefined). URL said invalid. Frustrating...

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
I finally scored a Playboy last night. Very excited about it. I'm going to have to sell a lightweight Borsalino to pay for it. I thought the price on the Stetson was pretty fair, especially given that shipping is free. By the way, I have offered to help pay for some of the shipping costs, given the size of the box.

Anj

PS- I'll be damned if I can get the image loader on this site to work. Tried loading from image on my hard drive and an image on my web site. Local image said (undefined). URL said invalid. Frustrating...
I have the same issue, but if you post the pics somewhere such as photobucket, you can use the

m0nk

One Too Many
I'm very excited about winning this one! I had my eye on it since it was posted. Cavanagh, 7 1/4 w/ a nice full crown, wide ribbon, and maybe a 2 1/4" - 2 3/8" brim. Includes the matching hat box. Paid and shipped, will hopefully see it by the end of the week or Monday!! :D

CavanaghHat-Grey.jpg
Great win there! I saw that one myself, but it's way too big for my small head. I typically wear a 7, sometimes can squeeze on a 6 7/8, but even a 7 1/8 is pushing it a little for me... though I just picked one up in that size and padded the sweat perfectly to have a comfortable wear. It's hard to find these great buys in my size...

scooter

Practically Family
I traded one nearly identical to Rodkins, RLK. It was a gorgeous hat with luxurious felt, it just didn't fit me properly and I hated to stretch it. Congrats, it's a beauty.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Good 24 hrs! Keepers, I think.

ChampORClone.jpg

NOS CHAMP OR CLONE

MARATHONWHIPPET.jpg

NOS WHIPPET-ESQUE MARATHON

MARATHONGRAY.jpg

SWEET FORMAL-LOOKING NOS MARATHON

StratolinerNOS.jpg

NOS STRAT

:rain:
....when it rains, it pours, eh?

... now how the :censored: am I g'wine pay for 'em?

I'm gettin' too old to keep holdin' up convenience stores, always more of a hobby, anyway. ;)

Anyway- "dies bonus" as the ancients would've said, if I recall my long ago Latin. :p

Last edited:

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Just now picked me up a Brown 7 3/8 Akubra Fed III for 75 bucks shipped off the bay. Lets see if it has any holes torn in it not shown in the pics : D

KGrHqFk0EzqzzGO5BQQjuSPoBw60_35.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy