Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

LizzieMac

New in Town
So why the brown one a "SUPPER CLUB" HOMBURG FEDORA and the gray one is not?
$_3.JPG

$_57.JPG

fedoracentric

Banned
A Homburg essentially has a brim curled deeply on the sides and a ribbon binding around the edge that is larger underneath the brim than on top. It sometimes gives the Homburg a look as if the brim is shorter on the sides than in from and back. But the brim curl is pretty pronounced and cannot be relaxed without extreme measures. You usually can't snap a Homburg brim up and down. It is usually a pretty fixed thing.

fedoracentric

Banned
May be by a Stetson made for Porters.

Even Stetsons made for specific shops with that shop's liner had Stetson on the sweatband. That hat does not have Stetson anywhere on it. I emailed the seller when the hat was first listed and he admitted that there is no Stetson name anywhere on it. He just assumed it was a Stetson because it was in a Stetson box... and we all know that the box could have come from anywhere and at any time and doesn't mean the hat came in that box.

fashion frank

One Too Many
If your a size 7

I was trolling Free Bay and saw this hat and almost fell off my chair because I have the exact same hat minus the wind trolly and I paid $40.00 for mine and this one is starting off very low and it looks brand new !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Penney...089?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c7e5e4439

The only thing that I don't get is that the seller is listing it as a 6 & 7/8's but in the guts of the text the seller states it is a size 7 ,but it is most certainly worth a shot as it looks brand new with half the box still there.

If I didn't already have one I would pull the trigger on this one .
I hope one of you lounger's score it .

All The Best ,Fashion Frank

P.S. Upon further inspection of the pictures I do see a 6 7/8 tag in the hat band ,but if your a small headed guy like me this is a score!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy