Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

g.durand

One Too Many
It shows a stain on the crown in one of the photos, which will most likely come out with the right cleaning technique. For most other hats I would have passed, but not for a 100. They are something special. Worth the risk for me, especially at that price.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
It shows a stain on the crown in one of the photos, which will most likely come out with the right cleaning technique. For most other hats I would have passed, but not for a 100. They are something special. Worth the risk for me, especially at that price.
I don't blame you at all trust me, it just scared me off because the stain looked not too friendly on my phone when I loaded the pics LOL. Can't wait to see u clean it up and make it awesome

This one was a sleeper hiding in the generic hats section of eBay. Ten watchers, only two bids.
Stetson 100 with case (w/o insert), Shudde Bros. issue. Looks to be a bit misshapen and slightly soiled, but if the felt is anywhere near the earlier version that I have, this is a steal at $202.50. The seller did not respond to my request for a clear photo or another identifier about the size, so I took a chance based on the eBay policy about misleading information in the listing. At that price, I decided the risk was worth it. I'll be sure to post new hat pics when I receive it.
Shudde Bros did some refurb work so check behind the sweatband. The box looks like it could be older than that style of sweatband with the intertwined ribbon. Nice snag anyway you spin it tho.
I had a 100 in 7 1/2 that worked on my 7 5/8 noggin, still have a 7X CB that does. Just needs to additional coaching now & then...

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Whoever scored those two large mallories made one hell of a scoop I thought it might hit closer to $500 even with the more visible moth damage on the tan one.

This was entirely too awesome to pass up. For all you gents who favor a tall crown, look no further. Seller had it listed as 1910's-20's but the font on the sweat and dimensions make me think its late 1890's.

Last edited:

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
I've only seen one taller derby, and that was a novelty one that I picked up for a song on ebay. I was trying to build a Halloween costume around it, but it didn't pan out.

Attachments

• tallderby.jpg
    tallderby.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 120

Mystic

Practically Family
This one was a sleeper hiding in the generic hats section of eBay. Ten watchers, only two bids.

Nice buy, G. I've seen your hat skills. It's gonna be a winner!

10 watchers, 2 bids. Good thing it wasn't posted in this thread directing everyone to it as other ebay listings have been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo