Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DanO

One of the Regulars
Blue Portis thin ribbon. Not much into TAR but had to make an exception considering the rare color. Maybe a neon green feather is just the touch for Seahawks season if it hasn't been cancelled due to COVID-19. This one may end up in the classifieds section. Better pics to follow in the Portis thread upon receipt.

View attachment 226425 View attachment 226426 View attachment 226427 View attachment 226428 View attachment 226429 View attachment 226430

Garrett here is the feather you need on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Feather-ha...838080?hash=item3fdf922b00:g:CnEAAOSwnAJekfr8

Here is my VS Seahawk Art made for me
#2.jpeg

Hard to see but the VS stripe is actually neon green.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Keep going, Joe, and you will need a hat case like Max'. It's always good to find great bargains!
Though they are all great treasures to me... I’m not sure any of mine would require the Fort Knox treatment some of Max’s do.

You reminded me though... when we were getting the hell out of dodge in the path of one of those hellacious hurricanes of the past few years. I grabbed a couple hats I would wear while we were gone. And my wife laughed at me as I shoved the rest into a plastic storage bin with a few personal effects. Those were the things I wanted to protect. LOL. And to think back then there were probably 5 or so. LOL.

After this is all done... it may be time to pair down the collection a bit. But which of the babies go?. :):(o_O

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Yep. It would be a hard choice!

Though they are all great treasures to me... I’m not sure any of mine would require the Fort Knox treatment some of Max’s do.

You reminded me though... when we were getting the hell out of dodge in the path of one of those hellacious hurricanes of the past few years. I grabbed a couple hats I would wear while we were gone. And my wife laughed at me as I shoved the rest into a plastic storage bin with a few personal effects. Those were the things I wanted to protect. LOL. And to think back then there were probably 5 or so. LOL.

After this is all done... it may be time to pair down the collection a bit. But which of the babies go?. :):(o_O

Moi, monsieur.
If the hat is rare enough, I don't care if it fits me anymore. I have many that do.

I was wondering if Ignacio had upped his game! I have a few that don’t fit me but I just love, but I’ve been trying to get away from it. Your collection is a source of amazement for many of us. Someday you should open the vaults to the public and charge admission.

This old Stylepark is a very interesting hat. I wasn’t sure if this was an old dirty wool hat or a black/charcoal grey heather fur. I really do not know for sure.. but I am feeling like it is a heather fur, as I’ve never seen a wool hat take a dry crease with this much ease.

7C006A2D-26A0-4243-ACE5-833FDD1D80E4.jpeg

35A80D5A-77FA-40AB-86FD-D982610FB112.jpeg

It is very soft and pliable and holds pretty much whatever shape you want... the brim too. The spiral stitching is very cool. Other then missing its sweat which of course I knew going in.. Oh and it is extremely light. Some of that is because there is no sweat or liner. But still. Very light. I am very pleasantly surprised with it. I have no idea of age on this one.... but the tag does look old to me.
1F3D0ED5-6242-4A13-9FC8-D81A28043BD2.jpeg
2AA2294D-368C-4396-AFDC-DABC97F67E34.jpeg

Attachments

• 6F5D985B-39B4-46FC-A58B-768DCEC31753.jpeg
    6F5D985B-39B4-46FC-A58B-768DCEC31753.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
This old Stylepark is a very interesting hat. I wasn’t sure if this was an old dirty wool hat or a black/charcoal grey heather fur. I really do not know for sure.. but I am feeling like it is a heather fur, as I’ve never seen a wool hat take a dry crease with this much ease.

View attachment 228025
View attachment 228026
It is very soft and pliable and holds pretty much whatever shape you want... the brim too. The spiral stitching is very cool. Other then missing its sweat which of course I knew going in.. Oh and it is extremely light. Some of that is because there is no sweat or liner. But still. Very light. I am very pleasantly surprised with it. I have no idea of age on this one.... but the tag does look old to me.
View attachment 228027 View attachment 228028
Nice one, Joe. It could the felt is a mix of fur and wool.

Nice one, Joe. It could the felt is a mix of fur and wool.

Thanks Stefan... I took it really out of curiosity since it had no sweat but looks like I’m gonna have to put a sweat in this one and get it back in service. Too nice to toss on the scrap heap for sure.

could be... I’m still not sure what it is... but it really has a nice feel to it. either way it’s a pleasant surprise for me. I figure any day you net two Styleparks in the same day for under $10 between the two. It’s a good day no matter the style or condition. Would be cool to find out some more info though as I haven’t seen one like this one... or the petting one either really.

Here we go again... only two hats this time... but shoved into a flat envelope. At least they put a note... do not squish. I believe that is the technical term. And I am unclear if they said TO place heavy objects on top... or NOT to. Either way... as unnerving as it is... as usual nothing to worry about too much the quality of these 1960s-ish felts can handle it

344CA58C-D4F8-4BBB-8002-32190216BE29.jpeg
621F112D-E725-479B-9B96-F07C93B39AA4.jpeg

DD97A7C6-6B1B-4BB0-97AF-B9EC19C3EC51.jpeg
9E1F28FA-4256-4C1D-94C7-9F5A195252E6.jpeg
99917627-216D-43C8-937A-C1239B843A57.jpeg
C50AE16E-18BB-48B8-9444-A0331ED51F3D.jpeg

Louis Mountbatten

One of the Regulars
LOL. About 5 years ago I bought a Charlie One Horse cowboy hat in absolute brand new condition and it its original box. Instead of putting it all in another box for shipping, they destroy the original box with all sorts of packing tape and labels and threw it in the mail that way. Totally ruined the box because it came dented and smashed up. But in the auction, the box was pristine.

Here we go again... only two hats this time... but shoved into a flat envelope. At least they put a note... do not squish. I believe that is the technical term. And I am unclear if they said TO place heavy objects on top... or NOT to. Either way... as unnerving as it is... as usual nothing to worry about too much the quality of these 1960s-ish felts can handle it

View attachment 228438 View attachment 228437
View attachment 228442 View attachment 228440 View attachment 228441 View attachment 228439

Alan told us that he politely asks sellers to package hats with care and had good results. I’ve been using this message for the last few months:

“Thank you making this great hat available. I’m looking forward to receiving the hat and wearing it for many years to come. I’m sure that you already know this, but I makes me feel better to say it: felt hats are fragile things and if they are not packaged right they will get damaged in shipping. It must be shipped in a solid box that is large enough to not cause the hat to distort or bend, and the packaging inside the box must provide support (crumpled paper works fine). Thanks again!”

I don’t want to come across demanding, but I want them to know that the hats need to be packaged properly. I try to keep the tone light and a bit self effacing. So far so good.

Alan told us that he politely asks sellers to package hats with care and had good results. I’ve been using this message for the last few months:

“Thank you making this great hat available. I’m looking forward to receiving the hat and wearing it for many years to come. I’m sure that you already know this, but I makes me feel better to say it: felt hats are fragile things and if they are not packaged right they will get damaged in shipping. It must be shipped in a solid box that is large enough to not cause the hat to distort or bend, and the packaging inside the box must provide support (crumpled paper works fine). Thanks again!”

I don’t want to come across demanding, but I want them to know that the hats need to be packaged properly. I try to keep the tone light and a bit self effacing. So far so good.
Good idea. And again in this case.. I’m mostly just amused... I like to post these stories in that light.... but it is true also as a cautionary tale as I do know I’ve been pretty lucky so far to not have serious damage. Especially so with those two straws in the coffee carton a few weeks back. I’m convinced if it weren’t for the 3rd hat... that little Champ... the two straws where nested around. they would not have survived

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider