Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Snowman

Practically Family
Has anyone ever sold a hat and the buyer requested you ship it in an ENVELOPE!?!?
upload_2021-11-14_14-1-48.gif

Snowman

Practically Family
This is a bit confusing, or maybe disturbing. Someone should buy it just so it can be rescued.
View attachment 378814

Yes! It is. The “Whipped Fedora” is what caught my eye. Please tell me more about this Plastic Felt. I saw the pieced construction, and thought it was a modern, low-end hat. Instead of laughing, should I be bidding?

Yes... follow the link to see more photos and read more details. The hat is constructed with cloth hat techniques from an interesting mixture of materials. In my experience, examples of this short lived WWII era experiment do not come up for sale often. Also, in my searching (when I was searching more actively), the most interesting finds often came from sellers who were not as familiar with terms and details that I have committed to memory. Maybe a smile instead of a laugh. ;^)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ