Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
^^^so it now is “Great Grandfather’s” collection.
2 years ago it would therefore have been, “Grandfather‘s” collection.

That still doesn’t explain how about 3 or 4 years ago “Dad” was basically on his deathbed according to conversations i had with him/them that ran the show??? I recall it was the Son who spoke of Dad??

While the response is nice and believable it still doesn’t track well. In fact it smells even fishier then the original smell.
Just my nose i guess?
B
I agree, Bowen. Hard to trust conmen

Mighty44

One Too Many
Still doesn’t prove dad is still alive and well. And the “grandson” is a total hothead. A couple of years ago before I was onto him I bought a hat they listed as 7 1/8. It must have been 6 7/8–it sat on my head like a toy. When I emailed junior accused me of buying the hat to wear for a event and then trying to return it and was really nasty.

And as far as dad’s collection, he bought a hat from me a few months ago then listed it for twice the price and said in the listing it was one of dad’s from way back. I wouldn’t believe anything he says about anything.

Thanks for the update Max and for holding him accountable. Interesting to see how he’s trying to buy you off. Who needs guys like this?

D

Speaking of “colorful” ebay sellers, haven’t heard much of Timothy’s Closet guy.
Hope he’s ok.
B
I think ""Timothys" morphed into "Brent's Bigger Wearhouse of Hats"! Where they buy hats one day, show on the lounge, then list back on the Bay the next..........o_O

Actually besides Timothys.....I have wondered about several ebay lost sellers.......maybe they ALL morphed into "Dads Collection":rolleyes:

And Brent, lighthearted kidding asside.....with a full time job.....I am in awe how you have the time to buy all those hats.....(of all sizes) to flip on the Bay.....heck....I cannot find the time to list my few trade offerings I ended up with....let alone start selling them.
Though, lord knows I too need to "downsize".;)

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Crazy stuff.

Way back when I dragged out the screenshots of hats sold on goodwill to buyer “S*******r” only to be listed later as part of dad‘s extensive collection.

At some point there may have been some truth to it all, but the lies have seemed to have taken over.

till doesn’t prove dad is still alive and well. And the “grandson” is a total hothead. A couple of years ago before I was onto him I bought a hat they listed as 7 1/8. It must have been 6 7/8–it sat on my head like a toy. When I emailed junior accused me of buying the hat to wear for a event and then trying to return it and was really nasty.

And as far as dad’s collection, he bought a hat from me a few months ago then listed it for twice the price and said in the listing it was one of dad’s from way back. I wouldn’t believe anything he says about anything.

Thanks for the update Max and for holding him accountable. Interesting to see how he’s trying to buy you off. Who needs guys like this?

D

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I think ""Timothys" morphed into "Brent's Bigger Wearhouse of Hats"! Where they buy hats one day, show on the lounge, then list back on the Bay the next..........o_O

Actually besides Timothys.....I have wondered about several ebay lost sellers.......maybe they ALL morphed into "Dads Collection":rolleyes:

And Brent, lighthearted kidding asside.....with a full time job.....I am in awe how you have the time to buy all those hats.....(of all sizes) to flip on the Bay.....heck....I cannot find the time to list my few trade offerings I ended up with....let alone start selling them.
Though, lord knows I too need to "downsize".;)
I like Brent's a LOT more. Prices are fairer, descriptions are accurate, pictures and taste are better, and I like and trust the seller. 'Sides, having Ignacio, the bigger sizes turn into wider brims.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Fringe ... :D

1655948975461.png

1655949033297.png

They do list the fringe as "uneven".

Deeeluxe Definitely

One of the Regulars
Any theories on what's up with the vintage hats sold out of Japan that are commanding 2 to 3 times the cost that the same hat would go for in the US?

Any theories on what's up with the vintage hats sold out of Japan that are commanding 2 to 3 times the cost that the same hat would go for in the US?

I don't know of anybody on the FL who has purchased one, but those items are apparently a hot commodity over there and they get those prices. As an eBay seller, I've had numerous hats Hoovered up by Japanese wholesale buyers for resale in Japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk