Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Really nice, Story!!
Was watching this one just to see how high it might go! Great condition!!!
Well worth the wait!
Thank you! I was obviously hoping it would have gone for a little less, but I have been watching for a while and you just don't see them come up that often in the larger sizes.

Very nice 7XCB you just picked up too, maybe someday I'll find one of them for my collection too.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thank you! I was obviously hoping it would have gone for a little less, but I have been watching for a while and you just don't see them come up that often in the larger sizes.

Very nice 7XCB you just picked up too, maybe someday I'll find one of them for my collection too.
Thanks, brother!
Even though the big sizes are super rare I’m sure you’ll find one at some point
—if you spend WAY TOO much time thumbing thru the Bay.
I used to be on the hunt for just one for a long minute, but now it’s gotten to where I wish I’d stop finding them! Ha ha.
You might think it pays to have a smaller head, except having more hats available can actually end up being a bigger hit if HAS has your wallet firmly in its tenacious grip!

Just Daniel

One Too Many
I have found these are noticeably better than the mid50s 7XCBs. I look forward to your opinion.

NOS 7XCB today!

Looks to be an early 50s model judging from the onion skin tip.
Paid more for it than the mid fifties 7 3/8 one I got a month ago, but this’n has no moth holes and is completely mint with original box, so maybe I did okay.
I can’t figure out why folks sometimes list the wrong size when it’s fraction size is on the tag.
7 1/4 LO is right enough for my egg head.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2851285592...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

View attachment 485705

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
I have found these are noticeably better than the mid50s 7XCBs. I look forward to your opinion.
Most times you’d be right, and I thought the same thing until I snagged a certain rare mid 50s 7X a month ago. I have two from mid 50s that are stiff as a board, but this particular eBay buy is a softy and has the larger proportions, as well. I posted it a week ago on the new hat thread.
An anomaly as far as know. Maybe some other guys have seen others like it too? Idk.
Maybe it’s an early mid 50s. :)
The one I got today is a soft, malleable felt too and would much rather have those.
Can’t wait to hold it and post some pics.

Here’s some pics of the mid 50s 7X I got a month ago, Daniel. It has the plastic tip and white reorder tag.

Attachments

• D74BEDB8-B8AA-42BE-9F12-F22CB29019C1.jpeg
    D74BEDB8-B8AA-42BE-9F12-F22CB29019C1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • B283BFF2-70D5-4F2B-BC0C-53D6786F0FB5.jpeg
    B283BFF2-70D5-4F2B-BC0C-53D6786F0FB5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • 794FA81C-6A3E-4717-9FF7-6A3CF131437A.jpeg
    794FA81C-6A3E-4717-9FF7-6A3CF131437A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Lucky dog! What a hat! You are collecting quite a fine collection.

NOS 7XCB today!

Looks to be an early 50s model judging from the onion skin tip.
Paid more for it than the mid fifties 7 3/8 one I got a month ago, but this’n has no moth holes and is completely mint with original box, so maybe I did okay.
I can’t figure out why folks sometimes list the wrong size when it’s fraction size is on the tag.
7 1/4 LO is right enough for my egg head.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2851285592...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

View attachment 485705

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Lucky dog! What a hat! You are collecting quite a fine collection.
Thanks a lot, Randy!
Used to buy and sell hats like Brent. Now I seem to be just buying, so it doesn’t take long to rack up a bunch of nice, or potentially nice hats.
If I could stop agreeing to take new home repair jobs I might finally be able to have the time to make some desirable eBay listings.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yamahana

Practically Family

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Everything about this is very nice. The color, ribbon, heathered felt, and the spiral stitched brim. OUTSTANDING!
Thanks, Bill! I was impressed, too, with all it offers! It’s been shipped already but can’t wait to hold the thing.
Don’t you have something like it? I think remember maybe you having a spiral stitched vintage fedora?

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Wow, that’s really quite a hat. I don’t think I have seen one similar, though I don’t track Knox hats all that much. We‘ll have to run over to the School of Hard Knox to research.

I am guessing it’s an early 40s hat based on the size tag, but you’ll know more when you see the reorder format.

Airy now and then we get lucky and can snag a really super cool fedora.
Always wanted a spiral stitched brim and this is a fine one!
40s or 50s?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304793404383?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UrotIMbXSWm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY View attachment 486577

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko