Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

MattJH

One Too Many
I can't believe this just happened.

I just won a 7 5/8 Adam Bowler with original box and a 7 5/8 Adam Executive for a grand total of $50.41.

The fates must have felt the pain in my heart from this afternoon's Philadelphia Eagles loss.

I'll post pictures when I get them. I'm blown away!

9068_1_sbl.JPG

0109-00534_004.JPG

9d4d_1_sbl.JPG

0109-00535_003.JPG

MattJH

One Too Many
I just got an email from the seller of the two Adam hats above that the Executive also comes with a hat box! I can't wait to get these. Ever since seeing JohnnyPhi's auctions, I've really wanted to get my hands on an Executive that fit.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dumbjaw said:
I just got an email from the seller of the two Adam hats above that the Executive also comes with a hat box! I can't wait to get these. Ever since seeing JohnnyPhi's auctions, I've really wanted to get my hands on an Executive that fit.

Very nice DJ, I know how you love those boxes so its a real bonus for ya. Good score :eusa_clap

MattJH

One Too Many
Thank you, Garrett and carter! It's not very often at all that a deal can be had for hats like that in 7 5/8. The closest I've come was my poorly listed Stetson Whippet for under $60 and my Herbert Johnson Brooks Brothers listed for a Buy It Now! of under $30. But if these really are 7 5/8 and they both come with a box, then this one takes my all-time cake for a deal.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dumbjaw said:
...But if these really are 7 5/8 and they both come with a box, then this one takes my all-time cake for a deal.

FYI, I wrote the seller of the (lovely) Adam and very pointedly asked if the hat were "TAGGED 7 5/8 or MEASURED 7 5/8" from front to back?" and he assured me it was so tagged. Nice scores. If I currently had two nickles to rub together I would've been in the running for that Adam. Glad to see you got it and do keep me in mind if it turns out not to serve your needs.

MattJH

One Too Many
You got it, Rick.

I'm going to be putting a few really nice 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 hats up for auction shortly as well.

MattJH

One Too Many
Lefty, did you get that MacLachlan? I was watching it and even considered bidding on it just because it's a MacLachlan and I love mine, but I figured it'd be more honorable to let those who could actually wear it try to win it.

They are excellent hats.

PapaSimone

Familiar Face
VINTAGE SEARS MAD MEN CHARCOAL FEDORA HAT 7 1/2

I just won this and am excited to receive! I've been collecting 7 3/8 because they are so much cheaper but I need to accept my big head! Let freedom ring!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael