Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HarpPlayerGene said:
That's the way, cowboy! lol

Seriously though, I like the rough good looks of that hat but I'll bet there will be lasting soiling to that top crown edge and the best adjustment to the shape will be just to pinch the front and keep that crest area pretty much in the same location.

If this one were my size and coming to me, I'd also put it in the freezer for a day to make sure no cooties survived, comprende?

Be sure to show us the gory details when you get it, OK?
It came in last night but I didn't get to photo it, will do this weekend. You are a true hat clairvoyant! The crease has left a serious soil ring around the top. I hit it with an orange sponge with little success. The previous owner had to be a pipe smoker as it reaked of that. The felt is nice & the sweatband is in good shape, no liner present.
I'll play with the front pinch like you suggested & see how it looks. It may get a naptha bath as well. Thanks Gene & stay tuned.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
1930's Bulgarian-Italians

Borsalino
3710616864_f1a22ea02e.jpg
3710616968_08a61ab910.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200359561548

Cervo Bantam
3709805393_3406bc1019.jpg
3710616788_20c1f0f650.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200359561904

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Dreispitz said:
I was also bidding for those two. They were not exactly my size, though. I think you really got two excellent pieces. Rspecially the bantam weight Cervo one should be outstanding! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

:arated:

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
FINALLY!!!!! I have been bidding on quite a few vintage hats, but have been losing out left and right. I really wanted this vintage Borsolino Alessandria because I think it would look great, was in great condition, and was my size. I am not sure on the year. The seller said the inside tag had the numbers 980P 32147. Does this mean it was a 1998 year built hat? I didn't think so since he said the price tag was 20 dollars. This is the link I have for the hat;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...26724&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

If any one has any idea of the year, I would really appreciate it. I am very excited to finally own a piece of history.

JP

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
JP, that Borsalino has got to be older than 1998. I don't think that serial number thing works. Without inside shots there's no way to really judge the age as that style has been made by many manufacturers for several decades now. But I don't think $20 would have bought that much Borsalino in the late '90s. Maybe in the '50s but not the '90s.

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
HarpPlayerGene said:
JP, that Borsalino has got to be older than 1998. I don't think that serial number thing works. Without inside shots there's no way to really judge the age as that style has been made by many manufacturers for several decades now. But I don't think $20 would have bought that much Borsalino in the late '90s. Maybe in the '50s but not the '90s.

I redid the link so I think you may be able to see all the pictures now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...26724&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

The seller really did a good job of posting quite a few pictures. This may give some indication on when it was made? Anyway you look at it though, it is a good looking hat and I am very excited to wear it. :)

JP

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
gtdean48 said:
Congrats JP! That hat was coming to the Atlanta metro area one way or another. Your upper limit was higher than mine. Hope it is as nice as it looks.

Thanks, gtdean!! I am very excited about the purchase. I have been looking for something like this for a bit now. My upper limit may have been more, but I am at my limits for hats for at least a couple of months................or weeks.................or days. :) This obsession is is just getting worse and worse.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JPMcAdara said:
I redid the link so I think you may be able to see all the pictures now.
Ha. If Borsalino could only make hats like that in the last thirty years!
No way is that a 1998 hat.

It is, however, a very nice hat. Congrats. There is a lot of talk
on the Lounge about when this style of hat was made. 50s and 60s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24