Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Same hat, 4 times on ebay in 1 month

jonbuilder said:
I believe coping an ebay auction is against ebay policy. Some sellers use soft ware to protect against coping. Mark Moyer an ebay seller of Aero jackets has his trade mark on all his photos to deter unauthorized use. Yes I think it would brother me to find some using my text rather than go through the effort to write their own listing.

I sold this hat on ebay on October 21, and I had only owned it for a week or two - had planned to send it to Optimo to be rebuilt into a fedora in my size: I put it back on ebay almost immediately

...and the buyer immediately put it up for sale again, with a BIN at what he paid, with my pictures, even with my exact wording in the description. He did add the extra sentence about "Chinatown" to the description. Honestly, I didn't care at all. It sold on October 25:

next buyer re-sells on ebay immediately

A few days later, and here it is again. I don't get it.

...4th ebay auction this month

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
I sold this hat on ebay on October 21, and I had only owned it for a week or two - had planned to send it to Optimo to be rebuilt into a fedora in my size: I put it back on ebay almost immediately

...and the buyer immediately put it up for sale again, with a BIN at what he paid, with my pictures, even with my exact wording in the description. He did add the extra sentence about "Chinatown" to the description. Honestly, I didn't care at all. It sold on October 25:

next buyer re-sells on ebay immediately

A few days later, and here it is again. I don't get it.

...4th ebay auction this month

The size says 7 but its over 22" and this puts it more along the lines of a tight fitting 7 1/8. The buyer and buyer's buyer probably need a small fitting or accurate 7 [huh]

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I won this vintage Brooks De Luxe last night for small bucks.

The seller didn't have any info on its age, but I'm guessing it to be from the 1950's. Seems to be in near-mint condition without stains or moth nibbles.

Never really heard about this brand. Brooks... I've only read about Brooks Brothers, but I think this is a different company. Any ideas?

!BbF+7dw!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjkEq36+-Q1DBKuWiSkkzg~~_3.JPG

!BbF+YGgBGk~$(KGrHqYOKkQEq5INNCGBBKuWfune6w~~_3.JPG

!BbG!S2wCGk~$(KGrHqQOKiwEq40HlNwTBKuWj+vwhw~~_3.JPG

Mario said:

The seller didn't have any info on its age, but I'm guessing it to be from the 1950's. Seems to be in near-mint condition without stains or moth nibbles.

Never really heard about this brand. Brooks... I've only read about Brooks Brothers, but I think this is a different company. Any ideas?

Great win! :eusa_clap

I can't read the words under the Brooks Deluxe logo.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mario said:

I'd say earlier than the 50s, given the unreeded sweatband and overall style.
mayserwegener is on to the secret of the maker- under the logo appears to
be the name of who actually manufactured the hat body.

Looking forward to seeing this hat after a clean and block. Hope the
sweatband is as soft as it looks.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
The size says 7 but its over 22" and this puts it more along the lines of a tight fitting 7 1/8. The buyer and buyer's buyer probably need a small fitting or accurate 7 [huh]

??? I would think the opposite - with exact measurement provided, you would think only buyers who wanted a 22" hat would have been interested.

In any case, just curiosity on my part. I have been fine-tuning my hat collection for a while, so if a newcomer doesn't make the team immediately, I have no qualms about tossing it right back into ebay. So maybe that's what happened with the next two owners.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Ephraim Tutt said:
I have a hunch that this may reveal the true identity of my 1958 Stetson Trilby. It may be a Stetson Custom with a fancy embroidered pug...
They look like entirely different models to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw