Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

CRH

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:
4534986514_6f6571fc00_o.gif

I really diggin' this one man. :eusa_clap

Ahh, yah! Looks like a hatchling. ;)

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Dunn & Co. "The Airways" bowler

I just purchased this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220584432072

Looks to be in fine condition (not unworn, but fairly well cared-for), and good for the upcoming Japanese summer. I have no clue as to the age. I took a chance with the "Best Offer" feature, and the seller knocked off £10 (about $15 US), which covers shipping to Japan. Seller was an all-around class act, responding promptly to my questions and adding tons of pictures at my behest, and even pointing out a tiny flaw in the brim binding that came to their attention in the process.

The only problem is, the ash cloud over Europe means I may not be seeing this hat in person for a while...

boushi_mania said:
I just purchased this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220584432072

Looks to be in fine condition (not unworn, but fairly well cared-for), and good for the upcoming Japanese summer. I have no clue as to the age. I took a chance with the "Best Offer" feature, and the seller knocked off £10 (about $15 US), which covers shipping to Japan. Seller was an all-around class act, responding promptly to my questions and adding tons of pictures at my behest, and even pointing out a tiny flaw in the brim binding that came to their attention in the process.

The only problem is, the ash cloud over Europe means I may not be seeing this hat in person for a while...

Congrats on a great find! Amazing edge work on the sweatband! To me it looks 20s maybe older. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
I think I have a fever and it's making me click happy.

What is this that I just purchased BIN?

A great looking milan from a company that was really popular here about a year ago. I don't know why it fell off the map, but there was a surge of popularity of their panamas and milans here for a while. Great hat. :eusa_clap

barrowjh

One Too Many
$200 of Flagshit

On pages 470 - 471 we discussed this Flagshit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320515337043&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
that sold for $200. I figured that it would sell for maybe $150, but the final bids(s) were at $200, the earlier of the two prevailed. I have seen Flagship boxes sell for that price, so this is likely a fair deal for the buyer. I was not too excited about the hat itself, another dull grey hat, but they were made well.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
A great looking milan from a company that was really popular here about a year ago. I don't know why it fell off the map, but there was a surge of popularity of their panamas and milans here for a while. Great hat. :eusa_clap

Thanks. I thought it looked like milan but then I thought it might be a lousy pic of a panama.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Parkleigh Update

Last week I posted regarding a hat that was listed as a 7 3/8 but turned out to be a 7 1/4:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...431696&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_485wt_1089

I asked the seller to accept a return and refund my money since the hat was not accurately described. He is refusing to do so, stating that his auction clearly stated that he doesn't take returns.

He suggested that I take the hat to to J.J. Hat Center and ask them to stretch it to fit me. My problem with that is that I know from experience that all sweatbands shrink down when worn, and that a hat that's already a size small is going to get tight doubly fast. If the hat were a true 7 3/8 that had shrunk, I'd be comfortable stretching it back to 7 3/8, since that's what the leather was originally cut for. But going up a size is always a..... stretch. Besides, I didn't buy this as a project. I paid good money for a 7 3/8, and would NEVER have paid so much if I'd known it was a 7 1/4.

He also offered an alternative solution: he said he would relist it on ebay for me, but wouldn't pay the difference if it sold for less. The problem with that is that 7 1/4 generally sell for less than 7 3/8. Not to mention the fact that the hat is almost certainly not a 1930's beaver felt (which I knew when I bought it). I also think I could do much better in terms of pictures.

I know that I should have been more patient and asked more questions, and that if I had I wouldn't be dealing with this. Nonetheless, he stated that the hat was a 7 3/8, and it is undeniably not.

What say you, Loungers? Should I just take my knocks for my impulsivity or do I deserve a refund?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
@spellflower. That really is a shame. That looked like a nice hat. I think you do deserve a refund, but I really doubt you will get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot