Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Ephraim Tutt said:
Yep Craig, I'm more of a $20 hat man myself.

I dunno who the other Ephraim is but good luck to him.

And I'll take your congratulations anyway!

You mean you don't have a second home in Denver, and didn't spell "color" instead of colour just to further confuse us? lol lol lol

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
You mean you don't have a second home in Denver, and didn't spell "color" instead of colour just to further confuse us? lol lol lol

No Salty, I gotta confess 'taint I.

Mind you I do have a couple of friends in Denver. I should visit.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am very amused by all of the perfectly good non-Stetson hats being called "Stetson Style" or "Mallory Stetson Hat" or things like that, on account of the ridiculous prices that Stetsons have been commanding. It makes it a bit confusing to sift through.

My only hope in all this is that Ebay will be flooded with peoples hats that they want to make a quick buck on, and a Stetson Playboy, or some other fun hat, will be missed by those with big bucks, and slip into my hands.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
Yep Craig, I'm more of a $20 hat man myself.

I dunno who the other Ephraim is but good luck to him.

And I'll take your congratulations anyway!

Ah... for some reason I thought I remembered reading here that you and that particular seller (who has sold a number of hats) were the same guy. Guess I remembered wrong! :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Tango Yankee said:
Ah... for some reason I thought I remembered reading here that you and that particular seller (who has sold a number of hats) were the same guy. Guess I remembered wrong! :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

No suh! I'm a hat black-hole. Once they're in my grizzly grasp they're here to stay.
MWAHAHAHAHA!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
No suh! I'm a hat black-hole. Once they're in my grizzly grasp they're here to stay.
MWAHAHAHAHA!

You and me both!!! (I keep intending to spruce some hats up and toss them in the bay, but never quite get around to it!) lol

Cheers,
Tom

P. & C. Habig Melone (Bowler) + Case

I won this P. & C. Habig Melone (Bowler) + Case. It also has a Habig hat holder which is very cool. It looks to be in fine condition just very dusty.

4534309339_194fb35750_o.gif

4534307747_2eb250d5e8_o.gif

4534942022_421f497954_o.gif

4534941988_f97f1b736c_o.gif

Mayser Fedora & a Mayser Panama

Also picked up a Mayser Fedora & a Mayser Panama. Both size 59cm.

I am thinking this one is late 50s early 60s but it has an earlier look (Homburg - Fedora Hybrid). I got it for about $20.00 including shipping.

4534986572_45372ec172_o.gif

4534351659_862712826e_o.gif

This Panama is a bit of a mystery but I have a good feeling about it. I am thinking early 60s.

4534986514_6f6571fc00_o.gif

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Finally got a full refund from the seller on the last day they had to respond before eBay automatically ruled in my favor. And I got to keep the remnants of the hat.

Mr E Train said:
Bubble wrap and plastic garbage bag material wrapped around an antique straw boater and shipped overseas is a recipe for disaster. EBay's reviewing my case now. I emailed them the photos, so I think I have a pretty solid case.

batteredbattersby.jpg

battersbypackaging.jpg

I nominate the seller for eBay Cretin of the Month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany