Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay scam

Fonzie

One Too Many
Great news there @Fonzie

If he sends it back without contacting you for approval I’d assume you keep the jacket and the money?

I have no idea what to expect from this guy, for all I know he could be just a scammer.
He could contact EBay now with some other BS reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what to expect from this guy, for all I know he could be just a scammer.

Nope. Once the case such as this is closed in your favor he has lost all ability against further claims. Whatever he does with the jacket is irrelevant to you. It's a done deal.

Thuggee

Practically Family

Make sure your PayPal account has been emptied, I never leave anything in mine, it’s connected to a bank account with $5 in it, my cc if there is ever a issue I’ll just report it stolen, EBay/PayPal can go pound on sand if they think I’ll become the victim of a scammer and they think they can just help themselves to my money

It’s really made me paranoid about selling more jackets on EBay. Freaking weirdos.

In 12 years of selling on ebay this year was the first that I have ever encountered such a deranged individual. eBay destroyed fair play when they eliminated the ability for sellers to leave feedback for buyers. TBH I don't think I would have left very many (if any) negatives. Maybe stuff like took 4 days to pay, etc but my last Vanson sale should have resulted in that member being banned and other sellers are now likely to experience the same hassle...unfortunately with eBay you reach a far greater audience than you do here. But yeah it includes some real life, GRADE A losers...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tbh there is virtually no risk as a buyer on eBay now only as a seller. All you have to do is say it’s not as described (if it isn’t an authentic Aero blue label) and eBay will force them to refund you....

If you are a little more cautious, ask for picks of the irregularities.

It could be a legit blue label jacket ...

Scam alert! In case some less informed lurker thinks they're onto a good deal... You're not. The title of the listing is an outright lie. This jacket is not Vanson and it certainly is not "the old version of the Chopper". I'll bet you everything I got that it's not even made in the USA.

It's probably some late 80's, generic Lewis Leathers or TT inspired motorcycle jacket, made for the European market.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Va...tion-Weight-Leather-Jacket-SZ-42/362448470976

s-l1600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana