Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELC RAF Sweater

Marv

A-List Customer
Anybody have the ELC RAF Sweater, if so any chance of a quick review eg. sizing, fit, length etc.
I am thinking about purchasing one but my size is currently out of stock so I thought I take the time to gather more info so any advice would be most appreciated.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
RAF Sweater

I haven't owned a RAF sweater, but the 'What Price Glory' web
site features a sharp RAF/RN sweater for around $65. Been meaning
to order a few of these but my closet is overstocked with commando
and school sweaters.

Baggers

Practically Family
Harp said:
I haven't owned a RAF sweater, but the 'What Price Glory' web
site features a sharp RAF/RN sweater for around $65. Been meaning
to order a few of these but my closet is overstocked with commando
and school sweaters.

Both the ELC (from what I understand) and WPG sweaters are not really RAF pattern. The aircrew "frock," as it was called, wasn't a turtleneck but actually a very baggy jumper with a wide, loose, stovepipe type neck.

Specifically pertaining to the WPG sweater, buy it larger than your chest size or the sleeves will be too short. At least, that's the way mine turned out.

Cheers!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
WPG Sweater

Baggers said:
Both the ELC (from what I understand) and WPG sweaters are not really RAF pattern. The aircrew "frock," as it was called, wasn't a turtleneck but actually a very baggy jumper with a wide, loose, stovepipe type neck.

Specifically pertaining to the WPG sweater, buy it larger than your chest size or the sleeves will be too short. At least, that's the way mine turned out.

Cheers!

How do you like the WPG sweater? Meet expectations?
Thanks Bag.

Baggers

Practically Family
Harp said:
How do you like the WPG sweater? Meet expectations?
Thanks Bag.

As with almost all the stuff I buy from Jerry, I like it a lot. I just wish I had exchanged the size 42 he sent me for a 44 or 46 so the sleeves would have been longer. I tried stretching them out while still wet from hand washing, but I think they shrank right back to their original length. Oh well, I may try another one in a few weeks. I just have to wait until we get some cooler weather to justify it.

Cheers!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Baggers said:
As with almost all the stuff I buy from Jerry, I like it a lot. I just wish I had exchanged the size 42 he sent me for a 44 or 46 so the sleeves would have been longer. I tried stretching them out while still wet from hand washing, but I think they shrank right back to their original length. Oh well, I may try another one in a few weeks. I just have to wait until we get some cooler weather to justify it.

Cheers!

just ordered one, haven't got it yet. how does the fabric feel? stiff and scratchy(like the original i believe) or somewhat soft?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I know two RAF reenactors who have the WPG one Sam. Both have said it's on the scratchy side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21