ELC RAF Sweater

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Marv, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Marv

Marv A-List Customer

Anybody have the ELC RAF Sweater, if so any chance of a quick review eg. sizing, fit, length etc.
    I am thinking about purchasing one but my size is currently out of stock so I thought I take the time to gather more info so any advice would be most appreciated.

2. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

RAF Sweater

I haven't owned a RAF sweater, but the 'What Price Glory' web
    site features a sharp RAF/RN sweater for around $65. Been meaning
    to order a few of these but my closet is overstocked with commando
    and school sweaters.

3. Baggers

Baggers Practically Family

Both the ELC (from what I understand) and WPG sweaters are not really RAF pattern. The aircrew "frock," as it was called, wasn't a turtleneck but actually a very baggy jumper with a wide, loose, stovepipe type neck.

Specifically pertaining to the WPG sweater, buy it larger than your chest size or the sleeves will be too short. At least, that's the way mine turned out.

Cheers!

4. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

WPG Sweater

How do you like the WPG sweater? Meet expectations?
    Thanks Bag.

5. Baggers

Baggers Practically Family

As with almost all the stuff I buy from Jerry, I like it a lot. I just wish I had exchanged the size 42 he sent me for a 44 or 46 so the sleeves would have been longer. I tried stretching them out while still wet from hand washing, but I think they shrank right back to their original length. Oh well, I may try another one in a few weeks. I just have to wait until we get some cooler weather to justify it.

Cheers!

6. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

just ordered one, haven't got it yet. how does the fabric feel? stiff and scratchy(like the original i believe) or somewhat soft?

7. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

I know two RAF reenactors who have the WPG one Sam. Both have said it's on the scratchy side.

8. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

good...the more original the better ;)