Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Embarrassing Moments

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I was in a crowded pub when I needed my wallet. My coat was hanging on the back of my chair. Without looking I started digging through the folds and layers of my coat looking for the pocket. I dug and searched and tugged and had no luck. So I looked...I had buried my hand in between the legs of the man standing behind me. :eusa_doh:

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I got over-excited at our New Year's Eve dinner, and when asked 'whose dessert is this?', shot my hand in the air saying 'Me!' - and promptly ripped my circa 1935 velvet evening dress under the arm and across towards my bust!

Had to dash back to our room to do a quick darn repair. Luckily with the velvet it isn't too obvious, but it was embaressing, and more to the point, annoying to damage my dress!

Mojito

One Too Many
Marieanne, delicacy suggests that I shouldn't ask the obvious question - what was his reaction...??

Miss Sis, what a ghastly experience! Glad that you were able to save the dress, though...and 1935 velvet sounds absolutely yum!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I was Patsy from Ab Fab for Halloween, many, many moons ago.....Big blonde beehive chignon wig, sequined red bustier and a fitted black jacket with matching mini, I even carried a bottle of Stoli with me in my shoulder bag (which I drank 2/3 of of by myself, thank you).....and I was trying so hard to impress this younger fellow I had just started dating.....we were walking from one party to another, and I was so tipsy I lost balance on my stiletto ankle strap heels and fell into a gigantic mud puddle.....more like a crater filled with icy, murky filth. And when I tried to get up....I fell again, fully submerging my torso. The guy yelled, "Why are you ROLLING AROUND IN IT???"
But Patsy would have been proud....cuz I still got lucky. Glad those days are long gone, forever.

abfab.jpg

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
MarieAnne said:
I was in a crowded pub when I needed my wallet. My coat was hanging on the back of my chair. Without looking I started digging through the folds and layers of my coat looking for the pocket. I dug and searched and tugged and had no luck. So I looked...I had buried my hand in between the legs of the man standing behind me. :eusa_doh:

LOL! Did he marry you?

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Mojito - The man was already looking at me when I looked at him. I was so sincerely appalled and shocked that he knew it was unintentional and we had a good laugh about it.
MissAmelina - I was already engaged at the time; the accidental frisking was all he got.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Solo dining experience during the work week, catching up on some reading and enjoying a salad with poppyseed dressing. To make it even better, the very handsome waiter was very attentive, complimentary on my vintage style, and dare I say, flirtatious. I must have smiled ear to ear the whole time. So I get back to work after all that attention, thinking I'm all that, and whaddya know? The poppyseeds from the salad dressing were stuck in my teeth. Not just one poppyseed, but the entire poppyseed population of the whole darn dressing bottle! I looked like a total yokel.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Ladies, the world of theatre is WONDERFUL for these kinds of mishaps.

In a who once I wore a WHITE thin blouse, not until I'd done almost the ENTIRE dress rehearsal did anyone say I needed an undershirt.

I'm in highschool, and this year I was in the school show. Well, dress rehearsal night I LOST the shirt I arrived wearing. I couldn't take my costume shirt home, and was wearing a nude colored brassiere. I had a zip -up hoodie thank goodness...but the zipper was BROKEN. I almost had to accept a ride from a bot who liked me home, but thank goodness one of my gal-pals took me home, clutching the hoodie tight closed I made it without any embarrassment.

I've been changing backstage and had guys walk in, I've even changed dresses in a town park behind a sheet that blew up exposing my bra.

Non-theatre related

I used to go to a private school. Terrible little plaid uniforms, under which we wore shorts.I can not even BEGIN to count the number of times I've had some random girl grabbing at my bum to pull the skirt out of the shorts, I've done it for many as well, We don't even get freaked out by people grabbing, as long as we never left the bathroom tucked up.

also kinda awkward one of my guy friends was a bit taller than me and while he was talking to someone else he kept gesturing backwards, hitting me in the chest. It was quite amusing when he figured it out

Another slightly embarrassing thing is I get complimented on how I SMELL. Well, I LOVE the scent of my deodorant, and it was summer, I was outside and it was HOT, and i sweat like a guy.A guy friend was doing something and I was leaning with one arm up on a wall, the friend leaned over me with his face about my neck and said "you smell great, what perfume are you wearing?" it was my deodorant...I made up a name of a perfume and put my arm down lol

Trumpetina

New in Town
WARDROBE MALFUNCTIONS -- Your stories!

Hey Ladies,

I cannot be the only person who this has happened to: you are getting in your car and then RIP you hear the seam of your dress break. Or, a polite stranger points out your hem has come undone. Or, my favorite, a gust of wind comes by and throws up your dress Marilyn style!

What "wardrobe malfunctions" have happened to you? It's inevitable wearing such old garments. What do you do? I now try to laugh it off, and keep a small sewing kit with me in my bag or at least some safety pins to *hopefully* remedy the situation.

Hope this isn't a repeat thread!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I can add a man's perspective. Before going to the opera I got a new formal shirt for black tie. I put in my black tie studs instead of buttons and everything looked sharp. Well sometime during the first act I felt a rather cool breeze blowing over my chest and looked down... Discovered that the button holes on this new shirt were waaayyy too large for my dress studs and the process of sitting down essentially poped the whole shirt open between my tie and my cumberbund... So I had "disco black tie" for about 30minutes or so. Luckily it was dark in there... Went home that night and stiched those holes a little smaller...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The night I graduated from high school, I got up to collect my diploma when my name was called and my hem caught on the edge of the bleachers and ripped the seam wide open. It wasn't the first laugh I ever got on stage, but it certainly was one of the loudest.

lareine

A-List Customer
My skirt fell off in the street a few weeks ago (I had just come down the stairs from a restaurant and stepped over the threshold and out of my skirt at the same time). Good thing it was still wintry weather here and I had tights and a long coat on! I just walked back to the car as I was, carrying my skirt and hoping nobody was paying close attention lol

miss_elise

Practically Family
i've had a few not properly reinforced back seams on skirts split - revealing a lot more than I would like. Mostly they have been before I got anywhere - but a couple of times I have had to make urgent repairs with a stapler

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
crwritt said:
I've made it all the way from a restaurant restroom to the parking lot with my skirt hem tucked into my waistband.
I had the same experience but it was in a crowded bar and I realized there was a breeze on my derriere as soon as I got to my booth. the thing that got me is it was crowded in the bathroom too and not one of those girls said a thing. I would have. I am always helping girls tuck tags etc... I even had to help an acquaintance keep her dress on the other day when dancing ( it was unbuttoning itself as she was cutting a rug) Help a girl out sister help a girl out....

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
Oh man, I certainly have had experience with wiggling a little too much in my wiggle dress. I danced with my back to the wall for the rest of the night hahaha - sewing kits for me now!

annet

One of the Regulars
i've had skirts ride up, tights sliding down, and i always twist my ankles, nearly falling over, no matter what shoes i'm wearing!

it's quite a stupid sight to see a girl in flat oxfords just... trip for no reason.

and once i wore this dress that had some cleavage, but i thought it would be fine. it was fine until i ran into a few friends who are... significantly taller than me! they really tried not to look though, that was sweet, but it was obvious that you could see a part of the frond of my bra!

lareine

A-List Customer
annet said:
it's quite a stupid sight to see a girl in flat oxfords just... trip for no reason.
When I was in my early teens I managed to fall over and hurt myself badly while walking on flat ground in my flat Doc Marten school shoes. I tore my kneecap down to the bare bone and still have a scar more than 20 years later. On perfectly flat ground! I think some of us are just prone to falling prone, if you'll excuse the dreadful pun.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Land-O-LakesGal said:
I had the same experience but it was in a crowded bar and I realized there was a breeze on my derriere as soon as I got to my booth. the thing that got me is it was crowded in the bathroom too and not one of those girls said a thing. I would have. I am always helping girls tuck tags etc... I even had to help an acquaintance keep her dress on the other day when dancing ( it was unbuttoning itself as she was cutting a rug) Help a girl out sister help a girl out....

You said it, i'm a tag tucker in too or lipstick on the teeth pointer outer! - where's the solidarity among the women folk sometimes!

I have to confess to doing a marilyn outside my shop, skirt blows up over my head, damn that sea breeze! I think the round of applause i got from my friend who owns the coffee shop next door was the worst part! :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo