Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone know if the 100 lug on Whites and Wesco are the same thickness? I've just ordered another pair of boots, but it appears that the whites always seem to be chunkier than the 100 lug on Wesco. Is it an illusion or is it in fact thicker? Thanks for any help guys.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
It might just be the last. The whites 100lug have a hell of a heel, where the wesco to me looks a bit more in proportion.
Investigations will continue.....

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Does anyone know if the 100 lug on Whites and Wesco are the same thickness? I've just ordered another pair of boots, but it appears that the whites always seem to be chunkier than the 100 lug on Wesco. Is it an illusion or is it in fact thicker? Thanks for any help guys.

The rubber lug sole and heel cap will be the same thickness. The leather midsole could be thicker, but in my experience they are pretty much the same between White's and Wesco. The White's heel is a little bit larger (longer?) from front to back because White's heels have a larger curve to the shaping. Does this make sense? The curved shaping of the White's heel is more dramatic, while the Wesco heel is a little less scooped in the back, so the heel itself can be a bit smaller.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
The rubber lug sole and heel cap will be the same thickness. The leather midsole could be thicker, but in my experience they are pretty much the same between White's and Wesco. The White's heel is a little bit larger (longer?) from front to back because White's heels have a larger curve to the shaping. Does this make sense? The curved shaping of the White's heel is more dramatic, while the Wesco heel is a little less scooped in the back, so the heel itself can be a bit smaller.

Nice work Jimmer. That's what I was after. I'm torn between going a block heel, or a slightly curved heel. Some of the whites block heels just look plain wrong IMO, and so do some of the dramatically curved heels. Mostly the 100 lug exaggerates everything, but i want some tough boots to actually work in.I pref whites due to the different leather choices. My wesco boss order was getting made a week or so ago, so hopefully they aren't too far away. This questions actually pertains to a pair of bounty hunters, but I figured you guys would know the answer and this is a pretty active thread.
Will keep you posted, and Jimmer, once again, thanks mate.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Bunyip - For your convenience, here is a pic of the Whites with Vibram 100 lug soles. The Heel is standard height, and it's pretty nice.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Scored these like-new PT99 2268s the other day, and I'm totally on the 2268 bandwagon.
Fantastic quality and value. Wish these were 83s or 91s but for the price I paid I'm more than satisfied

2860526B-841B-4627-AF3A-E42763ACC396.jpg

F3E1CE92-90AF-419E-9C85-4FCA18F2F6D1.jpg

Toe tracks and all!

Kato

Familiar Face
Scored these like-new PT99 2268s the other day, and I'm totally on the 2268 bandwagon.
Fantastic quality and value. Wish these were 83s or 91s but for the price I paid I'm more than satisfied

Toe tracks and all!

Nice 2268 in very very good condition !

It is clear marked in the label like this :

images

mistercitizen

New in Town
I spoke with Josh from Baker's Boots yesterday evening on the phone. He called to confirm my specs and to let me know that the "try on" stock Wesco Boss boots that I had sent back last week made it back to him. They were size 11 E. He and I both decided that 11.5 D would be the best...... based on my impressions of trying on the 11 E's and his review of my foot measurements, which I had sent him.

The specs pretty much remain unchanged from what I had posted in an earlier post, but I will post them again:

1×Custom Wesco Boss
•Leather Configuration: Single Tone
•Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Domain
•Counter Leather: Brown Domain
•Upper (Shaft) Leather: Brown Domain
•Height: 11"
•Instep Straps: Brown Domain
•Instep Strap Length: 1" Longer
•Instep Buckle Options: Nickel Roller Buckle
•Top Strap Amount: One
•Top Straps: Brown Domain
•Top Strap Length: Standard
•Top Buckles: Nickel Roller Buckle
•Shaft Diameter: Standard
•Thread Color (upper): Brown
•Leather Liner: No Thanks
•Credit Card Pocket: No Pocket
•Knife Pocket: No Knife Pocket
•Gear Shift Patch: No Gear Shift Patch
•Heel Lifts: 1/4" Lower
•Midsole: Single
•Edge: Brown
•Sole: Vibram 705 (brown only)
•Outsole Stitching color: White
•Toe Pattern: Motorcycle Patrol Toe
•Steel Toe: No Thanks
•Toe Cap: No Thanks
•Rush Fee: No thanks
•Size - Length: 11.5
•Size - Width: D (medium)
Customer wants brown domain leather for this boot
Single row welt stitch with close trim

He sent me a Paypal invoice last night so I could settle up on the upcharge to go to the Wesco Brown Domain Leather, which was $40 extra over Brown Smooth Leather. I'm all set now and he's placing the order with Wesco. Josh says it will be about 12 weeks or so. Very excited.

Ben

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Thank you!

Role Club engineer boots going through the wear test. "Wear'Em with Pride."

Brian - Those look fantastic! I have to admit, I wasn't totally convinced by the cropped teaser pics, but now that I can see the finished product, I am really impressed. Hell, let's be honest, I really want a pair. I am very curious to hear the price range - I will likely not be able to make it happen, but I will hold out hope for now! :) Really, excellent work! - Jim

BrianTheBootmaker

Familiar Face
Brian - Those look fantastic! I have to admit, I wasn't totally convinced by the cropped teaser pics, but now that I can see the finished product, I am really impressed. Hell, let's be honest, I really want a pair. I am very curious to hear the price range - I will likely not be able to make it happen, but I will hold out hope for now! :) Really, excellent work! - Jim

I appreciate the interest!

Here is a picture to see the toe tracks on the handmade Role Club engineer boots.

BrianTheBootmaker

Familiar Face
I present to you the official Black CXL Horsehide Role Club engineer boots. I will be posting the other 2 color options this week. I will be taking orders and posting detailed pictures and descriptions 2 weeks from now on www.RoleClub.com

Thank you all for the support and patience. It has been over a year working on the Role Club 40's inspired engineer boots. I have put my all into these boots and look forward to seeing my work speak for itself.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn