Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Errr... maybe dumb question about the G1

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I've never purposefully bought one but the Langlitz Jacket I bought used is essentially a civvie version. I've slimmed down to the point where it now fits very well and I've one question about it. Does the back strap serve any real purpose? Or is it just a style thing?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I don't know who else to ask....

Worf

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Do you mean the half-belt? No, it doesn't but the back shoulders allow for full movement, especially with those interior elastic bands that keep the bi-swing opening closed when not in use.

Deacon211

One Too Many
That is my understanding as well. Essentially, without the half belt the jacket would either have gussets all the way down the back or the half back gussets would need to be secured closed by something else and likely tear at the bottom.

As it is built, the gussets allow you to stretch your arms forward without having extra leather in the back like the A-2.

Come to the G-1 side Worf....we have cookies!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well, so are you saying your A-1 no longer fits, @Worf ??? :)

LOL!!!!!! It fits real well, better than ever cept for the loose waist band. I don't wear my capeskin A1 as much as I used to because the skin on the right arm and back was wearing much faster than the rest of jacket due to my driving in it so much. Plus it's too cold up here to even look at it now. Nope, that GW A1 is still me most beautiful jacket I have and ah ain't a sellin' it EVER!!!!!!!!!:p

Worf

Stand By

One Too Many
Thanks for the answer... It makes perfect sense now. And as for me "going over". Look I've already 3 Peacoats and a civie G1 that's way too much for an Army man like me. Get thee away from me you... you... Philistines!

Worf

I'm a Philistine?!? ... But ... I've never been anywhere near Israel ....?!?

<joke>
;-)

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Thanks for the answer... It makes perfect sense now. And as for me "going over". Look I've already 3 Peacoats and a civie G1 that's way too much for an Army man like me. Get thee away from me you... you... Philistines!
Worf
You can do it Worf. I too am Army and have 15 peacoats, Several G-1s, two Navy deck jackets and an A-2. I assuage my concerns about these nonconforming jackets and coats by wearing my Army field jackets (2) and my Army flight jackets (2) on a semi-regular basis. My dress blues fit a little tight these days so they maintain their closet queen status with the occasional check on their welfare. Buckle down and bite the bullet. No one will think less of you for wearing the jackets and coats of other services.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
You can do it Worf. I too am Army and have 15 peacoats, Several G-1s, two Navy deck jackets and an A-2. I assuage my concerns about these nonconforming jackets and coats by wearing my Army field jackets (2) and my Army flight jackets (2) on a semi-regular basis. My dress blues fit a little tight these days so they maintain their closet queen status with the occasional check on their welfare. Buckle down and bite the bullet. No one will think less of you for wearing the jackets and coats of other services.

In a word.... no. :p

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari