Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Women of the Golden Era

olive bleu

One Too Many
Wonderful pictures, Amy Jeanne..i love this one:..i wish i could be sitting at the bar with these girls, chewin' the fat :)

regs46.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I don't know if I said it earlier or not. But I do love this thread. It's wonderful to see vintage era photos of everyday women (in addition to Hollywood types).

Lorena B

Practically Family
Boy, sure this thread is one of the best, i love it.
Also i find it very sentimental as there are many family pics.
Like a little remembrance
So beautiful

SayCici

Practically Family
Here's one of my grandmother! I'm told this is her in her teens, so it'd be from the 1930s. I wish I had more of her, she was beautiful, had great style and was always dressed to the nines.
3815154678_877c1635e5.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
These are all so wonderful; I can lose hours gazing at old photos.
Is there a way to share a photo directly from ones computer, or do they all need to be hosted somewhere online first?

Hestia

Familiar Face
Olga and her unnamed husband

I recently got a big sack of wonderful old photos. The owner and subject, seen here, died and left her estate to her medical assistant. In a roundabout way, the photos came to me, along with many of her letters, newspaper clippings and other ephemera. I've been sifting through it, and I thought I'd post some of these for you.

3838540769_25658057d6_o.jpg

I believe these are from the late 30's-early 40's, based on dates written on other photos (these two weren't dated). I'm sure some of you can date them better than I.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ThesFlishThngs said:
These are all so wonderful; I can lose hours gazing at old photos.
Is there a way to share a photo directly from ones computer, or do they all need to be hosted somewhere online first?

They need to be hosted.

LD

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Thanks for the comments. Most of these pics I got when I went home for my mother's funeral a few years ago. I scanned most of them, and plan to make a book for my Granny. I want to sit with her while she tells me about them, so I can document the people and what she was doing.

teengranny.jpg

I think this is her about 14 or so.
LD

Goodness, I somehow missed this thread until now! What fun.

LD, you need to do this. Some years back I had some family photos I had gotten from a great aunt. Most of them were labeled, but some were not, so I decided to take them to my grandmother so she could identify. She was 87, but her mind was sharp. So I went, and we had a marvelous time. There was one photo in particular, a family reunion in 1932, that she not only told me who everyone was, but who fixed what food, who was not there and the gossip of the day! It was a perfect afternoon, made even more special by the fact that 3 days later, my grandmother peacefully died. Had I not gone when the little internal voice told me to, I'd have missed one of the most special days of my life.

Lizzie

Blondie

Practically Family
3838540769_25658057d6_o.jpg

FABULOUS ! I love the one of her sitting on the bumper bar of the car. I want those pants! Do you have more pics, if so. please post !!!!!

Hestia

Familiar Face
Blondie said:
FABULOUS ! I love the one of her sitting on the bumper bar of the car. I want those pants! Do you have more pics, if so. please post !!!!!

She loved those pants too, there are many photos where she's wearing them. I have tons more, but need to get to scanning so I can share.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic: Hestia, since you are in the Bay Area, are you by chance going to the Art Deco Society's Gatsby Summer Afternoon on Sept 13th at the Dunsmuir Mansion??

Hestia said:
She loved those pants too, there are many photos where she's wearing them. I have tons more, but need to get to scanning so I can share.

Hestia

Familiar Face
chanteuseCarey said:
:eek:fftopic: Hestia, since you are in the Bay Area, are you by chance going to the Art Deco Society's Gatsby Summer Afternoon on Sept 13th at the Dunsmuir Mansion??

I'm not; I'll be out of town at the time. It sounds like they put on great events, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot