Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

I knew he was short, but I didn't know he was that short!

Did he happen to sing 'Just Because' or 'Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground'? Those are my favorites.

Tom...
Willy Nelson was as good as ever! Put on a great performance..and his Daughters too. If he ever comes near you..you must see him. Worth the $50 by far.
However..I was shocked at how short he is! Both his Daughters were taller than him (I don't think he's much over 5')!!
HD

I knew he was short, but I didn't know he was that short!

Did he happen to sing 'Just Because' or 'Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground'? Those are my favorites.

I keep commenting to my daughter about how short he looked compared to the other band members..then when a couple of his Daughters walked out and stood beside him it was quite apparent that Willy was shorter than them. I would guess that his Daughters were probably around 5'4" at the most.
Tom..he sang both of those songs(great applause with Angel Flying). Then toward the last of the show he sang 'Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain'. In fact I can't think of one of his songs that he left out. The guy on the harmonica was great. I think one of his Daughters(?)played a mean piano on several songs.
HD

He is still touring. He also came out against Blake Shelton (as did Ray Stevens) when he called traditional country fans 'Old Farts and Jackasses'.

Ray Price. Now there was a singer. At 87, I don't think he will be touring any time soon though. Probably one of the best Baritone voices in country music.

Sounds like an awesome show! I'm glad you had a good time.

I keep commenting to my daughter about how short he looked compared to the other band members..then when a couple of his Daughters walked out and stood beside him it was quite apparent that Willy was shorter than them. I would guess that his Daughters were probably around 5'4" at the most.
Tom..he sang both of those songs(great applause with Angel Flying). Then toward the last of the show he sang 'Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain'. In fact I can't think of one of his songs that he left out. The guy on the harmonica was great. I think one of his Daughters(?)played a mean piano on several songs.
HD

He is still touring. He also came out against Blake Shelton (as did Ray Stevens) when he called traditional country fans 'Old Farts and Jackasses'.

He still is?! Really?! I am guessing he ain't coming out here though. :p Darn it.:mad:

What a thing to say about traditional country. Now I know who the jackass is.

I'll add one of the first country music videos:
[video=youtube_share;TvlUrNRRE4E]http://youtu.be/TvlUrNRRE4E[/video]

Big fan of Gentleman Jim Reeves, he passed way too early.

Way, way, way too early. That just stunk. Four years after this video he was dead at 40! That plane crash due to a fluke violent thunderstorm threw a curve his way that he was not able to deal with. Oddly enough, Ernest Tubbs and Marty Robbins were part of the party that found the crashed aircraft.

He is the man responsible for Country Music going all over the earth. He had international hits with his songs that furthered Country Music's popularity. Gentleman Jim had hits that spanned far after his death into the 1980s!

International success, for obvious reasons. He had a fantastic voice!

Way, way, way too early. That just stunk. Four years after this video he was dead at 40! That plane crash due to a fluke violent thunderstorm threw a curve his way that he was not able to deal with. Oddly enough, Ernest Tubbs and Marty Robbins were part of the party that found the crashed aircraft.

He is the man responsible for Country Music going all over the earth. He had international hits with his songs that furthered Country Music's popularity. Gentleman Jim had hits that spanned far after his death into the 1980s!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy