Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We definitely live in different places. :p
I have never had a woman hold the door open for me out here AND I have had to listen to some nut hippie woman’s tirade about opening a door that she was “perfectly capable of opening for herself.” :rolleyes:
This guy got it too from some REAL nuts:
http://www.readthehorn.com/blogs/ta...lling_at_me_for_holding_the_door_open_for_you

All the more reason you should move to the Northeast. You'll get used to the climate after a while.

Our countercultural women (remember, I took the pledge) are usually working hard on their farms or their lobster boats, and aren't in town much to worry about doors. The gals you have to watch out for are the sixtysomething wives of retired businessmen who've moved here from Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. The attitude of smug uppper-middle-class entitlement that oozes from every pore of their spray-painted, leather-skinned bodies is enough to make anyone snap. GET OVER HERE AND OPEN THIS DOOR FOR ME **NOW**!

Last edited:
All the more reason you should move to the Northeast. You'll get used to the climate after a while.

Our countercultural women (remember, I took the pledge) are usually working hard on their farms or their lobster boats, and aren't in town much to worry about doors.

I would never get used to Evil Snow. That is always a deal breaker. :p

Working hard?! That isn't part of the counterculture. lol lol

There is a certain quiet beauty to the frozen snow covered landscape

With Evil lurking under it.
I prefer:
tropical-beach-hawaii.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhh. Warm air, sea breezes, warm sand.....

This is Evil:
icy-trees.jpg

I have never had a woman hold the door open for me out here AND I have had to listen to some nut hippie woman’s tirade about opening a door that she was “perfectly capable of opening for herself.”:rolleyes:
You can't win with people like that--if you hadn't held the door open for her she would have yelled at you for letting it close in front of her. [huh]

I'm the guy who will hold the door open while an entire crowd of people passes through, with my wife waiting for me (sometimes impatiently) on the other side. And, as best I can remember, the closest I've come to being "yelled at" for doing so is someone simply walking through the open door with no acknowledgement of the favor. I also like to open the car door for my wife and for any other female passengers, help them don their coats or jackets. walk on the "outside" of the sidewalk, and so on. I don't make a big show of doing any of these things, I just do them because it's normally the sensible thing to do at that moment. The odd thing is, I can't recall ever having been "taught" to do any of them--it's just sort of "second nature" to me, and I do them because I enjoy it, not because society "demands" I do them.

You can't win with people like that--if you hadn't held the door open for her she would have yelled at you for letting it close in front of her. [huh]

I'm the guy who will hold the door open while an entire crowd of people passes through, with my wife waiting for me (sometimes impatiently) on the other side. And, as best I can remember, the closest I've come to being "yelled at" for doing so is someone simply walking through the open door with no acknowledgement of the favor. I also like to open the car door for my wife and for any other female passengers, help them don their coats or jackets. walk on the "outside" of the sidewalk, and so on. I don't make a big show of doing any of these things, I just do them because it's normally the sensible thing to do at that moment. The odd thing is, I can't recall ever having been "taught" to do any of them--it's just sort of "second nature" to me, and I do them because I enjoy it, not because society "demands" I do them.

Oh yeah! Mean faced---clipped hair. :doh:

You don’t remember because you are such an ingrained chauvinist that you can’t remember. :p lol lol

Burma Schave

One of the Regulars
The question is, would you wish to have a women open a car door for you, give up her seat for you, and help you to put your coat on, regardless of whether you'd need the assistance? If you wouldn't wish it, then why not? And if you wouldn't wish it, then why would you think that a woman would (or should) feel any differently about receiving such attention from you?

Last edited:
The question is, would you wish to have a women open a car door for you, give up her seat for you, and help you to put your coat on, regardless of whether you'd need the assistance? If you wouldn't wish it, then why not? And if you wouldn't wish it, then why would you think that a woman would (or should) feel any differently about receiving such attention from you?

All of those would work for me. Where do I go to get that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24