Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LizzieMaine

Bartender
You rang? Okey, I'll play.

Respect me for my accomplishments and abilities, not the mere accident of my biology. Being female is no big whoop -- after all, the majority of the population has already accomplished that.

Open the door for me because you happen to be the one going thru it first, not because of what's between our legs.

Help me carry something because I'm middle-aged, overtired, and have sciatica, not because you're trying to show everybody what a gentleman you are.

Pull out my chair because it means I'll get to the food that much faster than you will. Dibs on the pudding skin.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It's the best part of the chocolate pudding -- the thick, coagulated layer that forms on top after it's been sitting for a while. It has a sort of rubbery texture and the flavor is highly concentrated chocolate. It's similar to the delicious rubbery disk that forms in the bottom of the Jell-O bowl.

I once tried to make a pudding that was entirely skin by pouring it onto a cookie sheet and letting it set. Didn't work, and made a mess of the cookie sheet. Pudding skin, like other gourmet delicacies, cannot be mass produced.

I'd probably just wait for you to remind me of those instructions before I attempted to do something polite,that more than likely,might be disagreeable. I'd hate for you to think that I was doing,well anything,because of what may be between your legs.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
In that case, I'd hold the door for you, because there's no use for both of us standing out in the sleet.

Seriously, though, I never haze somebody for holding a door for me -- I say thank you, and then I hold the inner door, if there is one, for them. The closest person to the door is the one who should hold it, that only makes common sense. I've never, in my life, seen anyone get hazed for opening a door, and I've walked thru an awful lot of doors in my life.

I only comment on it here because you were obviously trying to get a reaction. As I've said elsewhere, the whole "lady and gentleman" dynamic is not a part of my native culture -- up here we tend to think "chivalry" is silly, insincere posturing, one step removed from cape-swirling and hand-kissing.

It's the best part of the chocolate pudding -- the thick, coagulated layer that forms on top after it's been sitting for a while. It has a sort of rubbery texture and the flavor is highly concentrated chocolate. It's similar to the delicious rubbery disk that forms in the bottom of the Jell-O bowl.

I once tried to make a pudding that was entirely skin by pouring it onto a cookie sheet and letting it set. Didn't work, and made a mess of the cookie sheet. Pudding skin, like other gourmet delicacies, cannot be mass produced.
Hmmmm.......coagulated.....rubbery.......you make it sound so delicious.:p
I'll be a gent, you go ahead and have at it.

I'm with you, but my girlfriend is the opposite and can't stand it - which makes who gets to eat it a non-issue. Separately, how do you feel about tapioca pudding - I love it / she hates it? She thinks the tapioca balls are horrible.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I *love* tapioca pudding. We ate a lot of it when I was growing up because some of my relatives worked loading tapioca down on the docks, and we always had raw tapioca starch around. The canned stuff was never as good as the real thing.

In that case, I'd hold the door for you, because there's no use for both of us standing out in the sleet.

Seriously, though, I never haze somebody for holding a door for me -- I say thank you, and then I hold the inner door, if there is one, for them. The closest person to the door is the one who should hold it, that only makes common sense. I've never, in my life, seen anyone get hazed for opening a door, and I've walked thru an awful lot of doors in my life.

I only comment on it here because you were obviously trying to get a reaction. As I've said elsewhere, the whole "lady and gentleman" dynamic is not a part of my native culture -- up here we tend to think "chivalry" is silly, insincere posturing, one step removed from cape-swirling and hand-kissing.

We definitely live in different places. :p
I have never had a woman hold the door open for me out here AND I have had to listen to some nut hippie woman’s tirade about opening a door that she was “perfectly capable of opening for herself.” :rolleyes:
This guy got it too from some REAL nuts:
http://www.readthehorn.com/blogs/ta...lling_at_me_for_holding_the_door_open_for_you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner