Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks so much! It means a lot, especially coming from a fellow Lounger! FL members are the best kind of people.

Yes indeed, it was one of the very first thing that attracted me to being here. Actually when I wanted to first register on the site, I had some sort of problems and it did not send me an activation link to my inbox. However, my Wife had seen someone from the Lounge selling on eBay. And from her contacting them via ebay and asking for help, the issue was resolved. Now THAT is how things should be all the time in life. Good wonderful people doing kind things.

I had trouble registering. Took almost a year to get it figured out. I'm glad we were able to get it figured out, though! This place has introduced me to a plethora of wonderful people. Also, it's nice to know I'm not the only person still enjoying the great things about the good ol' days!

Yes indeed, it was one of the very first thing that attracted me to being here. Actually when I wanted to first register on the site, I had some sort of problems and it did not send me an activation link to my inbox. However, my Wife had seen someone from the Lounge selling on eBay. And from her contacting them via ebay and asking for help, the issue was resolved. Now THAT is how things should be all the time in life. Good wonderful people doing kind things.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It's the time change.... I live in AZ now and it's only 10 pm :)
YOU are up way past your bedtime Mr. Michigan :p
I have to recall also, I have family in Arizona! I do tend to tease the living day lights out of them, as I have lived for a short time in Arizona, and recall all the tumble weeds and cactus all around where we lived at the time...so I always ask if they have the music on (old country music) about the tumbling tumbling weeds....inside joke as when I was real young and we lived there for a short period of time, but everyone knows about what my Father did one late night in the back yard when a tumble weed was rolling and it rolled into him, he about attacked the you-know-what out of the tumble weed until he realized it was not a person, was just a tumble weed.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I had trouble registering. Took almost a year to get it figured out. I'm glad we were able to get it figured out, though! This place has introduced me to a plethora of wonderful people. Also, it's nice to know I'm not the only person still enjoying the great things about the good ol' days!
I know what ya mean! I think for the most part, I actually wish so very much I could time travel, and at least go back to 1953 or at least 1955 and just stay there. I had a great time in my younger days, and it just seems to me that everyone socially was just more "real" and not like how the majority of people are today.

rue

Ah! A silver lining to my kinfolk moving farther away. Now Rue's on the Lounge when I'm finally able to be here!
I think it may be the only one :p At least this way if you wanted to come to Vegas, I'm only a few hours from there and you'd be able to see me and Fescar ;)
I tell you seriously, I never recall that out west is a different time factor. I am horrible about remembering that. But to state the reality of time, I hardly ever get many hours of sleep, I think a part of me fears I will miss something that happened while sleeping and I love life so much, I don't want to miss one single moment of it!
I understand completely :)

rue

I have to recall also, I have family in Arizona! I do tend to tease the living day lights out of them, as I have lived for a short time in Arizona, and recall all the tumble weeds and cactus all around where we lived at the time...so I always ask if they have the music on (old country music) about the tumbling tumbling weeds....inside joke as when I was real young and we lived there for a short period of time, but everyone knows about what my Father did one late night in the back yard when a tumble weed was rolling and it rolled into him, he about attacked the you-know-what out of the tumble weed until he realized it was not a person, was just a tumble weed.

:rofl: That's funny!

I actually live north, so no Cacti here :)

I'm with you, there. I just said that at work today. I'd go back to the 1950's and just never come back. My friend says to me, he says, "If it was anybody else, I'd wonder why, but you pretty much live in the past now."

A new friend of mine was over the other day. We went to High School together but started palling around a few weeks back. He walked in and saw the place and said to me "Tom, you don't just dress like the fifties, you ARE the fifties." I got a good laugh out of that one!

I wasn't there, but have listened to enough people talk about it, and done enough research to say I am extremely confident I'd like it then better than now.

I know what ya mean! I think for the most part, I actually wish so very much I could time travel, and at least go back to 1953 or at least 1955 and just stay there. I had a great time in my younger days, and it just seems to me that everyone socially was just more "real" and not like how the majority of people are today.

Yep..me too...and keep some of what I know now. Wonderful times...loving parents and Grandparents. Grandma's enclosed porch always seemed to have the fragrance of cooling pies..cakes..or cookies. The livingroom and den the aroma of Dad's cherry blend pipe. I think a second time around..I would appreciate those times so much more.:sad:

I wish I could be there too :)

Of course...it wouldn't be the same..or even work for me,rue. I have a wonderful 17 yr old son that is in his Senior year half a day...and taking courses at Ivy Tech the other half. Getting an upper hand for college next year. Three married Daughters with Grandkids...and even a Wife who manages to put up with me. Going back to '53-54...I would miss them dearly. If I could take them with me..I wouldn't hesitate. However..they'd miss color TV...AC..and video games. Not so sure they could stand the slower pace. Guess..when I think about it...perhaps I'm right where I should be afterall;)

rue

Of course...it wouldn't be the same..or even work for me,rue. I have a wonderful 17 yr old son that is in his Senior year half a day...and taking courses at Ivy Tech the other half. Getting an upper hand for college next year. Three married Daughters with Grandkids...and even a Wife who manages to put up with me. Going back to '53-54...I would miss them dearly. If I could take them with me..I wouldn't hesitate. However..they'd miss color TV...AC..and video games. Not so sure they could stand the slower pace. Guess..when I think about it...perhaps I'm right where I should be afterall;)

I always say that if I could take my loved ones I would do it in a heartbeat, so I understand what you mean. It's nice to dream about it though ;)

Ironically, I think my family would go. They all love the good ol' days. The only tough sell would be my little sister. Her and I are tighter than bark on a tree, so I think she'd do it just to make her big brother happy :)

I always say that if I could take my loved ones I would do it in a heartbeat, so I understand what you mean. It's nice to dream about it though ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy