Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yep..me too...and keep some of what I know now. Wonderful times...loving parents and Grandparents. Grandma's enclosed porch always seemed to have the fragrance of cooling pies..cakes..or cookies. The livingroom and den the aroma of Dad's cherry blend pipe. I think a second time around..I would appreciate those times so much more.:sad:
Oh yes, the times of recall that come so sweetly like tasting a fresh from the oven cake your folks just made. I think for some of us, as you make mention that you would relish taking it all in more if you could go back...is so very true.

One part of sad things in life was having the lose of my Father. I have no way to really get to the bottom of it, but he seemed to know it was close before anyone else. The conversations I was able to have with him and to hug him the day and evening while visiting my Parents at their home before he passed away. It was a time in my life that I will never forget. The loss was bad, but at least I was able to have some time to share before he passed. He got what he wished for, to pass away at home in his own bed.

Yes, to go back in time to me, everyone would already be there. And if I could do it all a second time around, wow, I would savor things I could have had I known.

rue

Oh yes, the times of recall that come so sweetly like tasting a fresh from the oven cake your folks just made. I think for some of us, as you make mention that you would relish taking it all in more if you could go back...is so very true.

One part of sad things in life was having the lose of my Father. I have no way to really get to the bottom of it, but he seemed to know it was close before anyone else. The conversations I was able to have with him and to hug him the day and evening while visiting my Parents at their home before he passed away. It was a time in my life that I will never forget. The loss was bad, but at least I was able to have some time to share before he passed. He got what he wished for, to pass away at home in his own bed.

Yes, to go back in time to me, everyone would already be there. And if I could do it all a second time around, wow, I would savor things I could have had I known.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father....

That's true for those that were there, but for those of us that weren't, none of our family that we have now would be there. Although I could have my grandfather back and I would be thrilled to see him again :)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I think I mentioned it before somewheres but one of my friends refers to the '20s and '30s dance music I love as my "Fedora Music." lol
It really gets me that I have some similar comments made by our friends, as my Wife and I really love older music.

Can you imagine that even if we are listening to Louie Armstrong, that friends that may stop over ask or make comments "who in the world is that"? and then say, oh it must be one of your "hat things"...hahaha!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

That's true for those that were there, but for those of us that weren't, none of our family that we have now would be there. Although I could have my grandfather back and I would be thrilled to see him again :)
In reality yes, but in my thoughts I would just have to have everyone there. No one missing. Lord I was a brat when I was little. Hahah! One time while at a road side park, at all but the age of 2, I climbed into one of those trash cans that are made from 50 gallon drums and hid there. My entire family on outing, which included perhaps 35 people, went to look for me, and after about maybe 20 minutes my Dad was calling me and you know those magic words, ' You either come right here or you are gonna really get it" worked like a charm. I popped out of that can and was a running to him like lightning! But he just scooped me up and gave me a hug and told me he loved me. Life back then was just great. I really do miss it so very much.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I never get on the list..! I must be black balled...er so to speak:(:D
I think at least one time whoever made the count used chinese math, and yes, I never said a word but all the figures were perhaps in error. However, some will say they never made the list when in reality the are the list! Cheers!

rue

In reality yes, but in my thoughts I would just have to have everyone there. No one missing. Lord I was a brat when I was little. Hahah! One time while at a road side park, at all but the age of 2, I climbed into one of those trash cans that are made from 50 gallon drums and hid there. My entire family on outing, which included perhaps 35 people, went to look for me, and after about maybe 20 minutes my Dad was calling me and you know those magic words, ' You either come right here or you are gonna really get it" worked like a charm. I popped out of that can and was a running to him like lightning! But he just scooped me up and gave me a hug and told me he loved me. Life back then was just great. I really do miss it so very much.

I can see why :)

I think at least one time whoever made the count used chinese math, and yes, I never said a word but all the figures were perhaps in error. However, some will say they never made the list when in reality the are the list! Cheers!

lol Actually I think that it's because HD doesn't make enough comments outside of the observation threads. Didn't someone say those don't count??

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Yep. The older family members seemed to be the ones that paid us young ones more attention, just as how I am sure your Grandpa did for you.

My Dad was so one of a kind, he was just "different" from the norm. He was not always a gentle person to be around, in fact, he perhaps thought John Wayne should give him a call to learn how to be a man! And he would tease the living day lights out of any gals I dated if I had them "meet the family" for a dinner. His favorite line was sincerely meant, "have you had a meal today, if not let me cook you up a steak so you can put some meat on them bones of yours"...and he could be really hard towards some people at times. My Father tossed out a guest one time that came with one of the usual poker players that attended his Thursday evening poker games. This young guy had lost his job and was down and out in life and happened to tag along with one of the regulars to the game. Upon learning this guy had no money to play poker, my Father asked him what was his story, and then said why are you here if you have no job and a Wife and Family at home and you come here with 5 bucks and that is it? He got tossed out, literally and my Father told the guy that had him tag along to leave as well. Now the next day, my Father came home from his office with a brand new car and had my Mother follow him to this young guys home to give him the car and some money. In part the guy had no car thus no way to look for a job. You get an idea of how my Father was, he was hard for many to figure out, but not for me. But I think more people were like that in life back then. And yes, I so do miss it.

rue

Well..I'm not going to go running around here posting on every thread...unless I just have to...! :bounce:

Oh come on.... be a sport! :p

Actually I'm subscribed to over 400 threads, so I just comment when I have something to say or think I can say something without looking like an idiot (It doesn't work every time though :p). To me almost everything on here is just really interesting :)

rue

Yep. The older family members seemed to be the ones that paid us young ones more attention, just as how I am sure your Grandpa did for you.

My Dad was so one of a kind, he was just "different" from the norm. He was not always a gentle person to be around, in fact, he perhaps thought John Wayne should give him a call to learn how to be a man! And he would tease the living day lights out of any gals I dated if I had them "meet the family" for a dinner. His favorite line was sincerely meant, "have you had a meal today, if not let me cook you up a steak so you can put some meat on them bones of yours"...and he could be really hard towards some people at times. My Father tossed out a guest one time that came with one of the usual poker players that attended his Thursday evening poker games. This young guy had lost his job and was down and out in life and happened to tag along with one of the regulars to the game. Upon learning this guy had no money to play poker, my Father asked him what was his story, and then said why are you here if you have no job and a Wife and Family at home and you come here with 5 bucks and that is it? He got tossed out, literally and my Father told the guy that had him tag along to leave as well. Now the next day, my Father came home from his office with a brand new car and had my Mother follow him to this young guys home to give him the car and some money. In part the guy had no car thus no way to look for a job. You get an idea of how my Father was, he was hard for many to figure out, but not for me. But I think more people were like that in life back then. And yes, I so do miss it.

I would have liked your dad. He reminds me of my grandfather. Not an easy man but a loving one.

My oldest Daughter(B. in 1966) was going to her prom..and brought the boy over to meet me. He pulled up in front of the house in his Dad's red '67 Vette and followed her to the door. I snuck back to the family room in the back of the house. Finally she came back to get me for the introduction. The boy got up out of the chair to shake my hand...and I gripped it quite tight and lowered my voice as much as I could to say "Nice to meet you Chad"! I'll never forget..his faced turned pale..and he almost fell back into the chair. Before they left..(in the same deep voice) I bellowed "Hey..home by 1 am". He said 'Yes Sir"..and fumbled with the door knob trying to get the hell out of here(it was locked). I thought that he was going to have a break down before he got out of the house. After they left..my wife could have killed me. The next day..my daughter wouldn't speak to me. I still get a chuckle out of it..and bring it up from time to time..:lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy