Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
OK...

IMG_0600.jpg
That is what is known at my place as REAL food! (where is my knife and fork at)...?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
[video=youtube;n4zRe_wvJw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zRe_wvJw8[/video]

:D
The Marx family was all so talented and a riot.

One of my favorite things to do is to watch a video of Harpo playing "take me out to the ball game" when he made a quest appearance on the I love Lucy show. A simple song that Harpo turns into a masterpiece. I have always dreamed of being able to play a harp like that. Maybe some day....

Surprisingly Harpo had wonderful baritone speaking voice. Had he not achieved fame as one of the Marx Brothers he could have easily been a radio announcer. But I can see why he never spoke because the voice simply didn't fit his persona.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
So there's this girl I've been trying to get the attention of and I may have finally done it. She's a few years older than me(30). She put this thing up on her Facebook about wanting to borrow an acoustic guitar to learn. I told her she could use my 1948 Harmony archtop. She seems to have taken the bait and be quite flattered.

We're into the same things, but she's way more tattooed than myself. My friend tells me what a lady she is.:love:

Ooh I hope it happens Travis! From what I've read of your posts, you've had some *interesting* company, but not always good :p

HD, you're a good Dad. I do that kinda stuff to my sister. I have a bit of a reputation for threatening the lives of her boyfriends, so she calls me up and tells me to meet her and Mom and Dad's house. Dad and I will be waiting. I tell the new beau that if he hurts my sister I will break his ----ing back and I'm not afraid to go back to prison. They give Dixie the best treatment possible :)

That's one reason why older brothers are useful lol I once had these two guys follow me home from school when I was about 13. My brother followed them home, and I never got harassed again!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I could never decide whether I would rather have sons or daughters. But I know one thing I'd like about daughters is playing head games with their boyfriends when they're old enough to date! :D

I still can't figure out if my dad was playing head games with the ones I brought home - If he was, he did a superbly subtle job! All of them were intimidated by him, especially at first. When my ex-fiancé screwed up bad, he made the mistake of showing up at my parents' door looking for me. My dad *ripped* him to shreds, and without raising his voice. His reason was simple: "Nobody makes my daughter cry." :eek:

It's a great comfort to a girl to know her father, and if she has them, her brothers, will protect her from the louse who breaks her heart.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I still can't figure out if my dad was playing head games with the ones I brought home - If he was, he did a superbly subtle job! All of them were intimidated by him, especially at first. When my ex-fiancé screwed up bad, he made the mistake of showing up at my parents' door looking for me. My dad *ripped* him to shreds, and without raising his voice. His reason was simple: "Nobody makes my daughter cry." :eek:

It's a great comfort to a girl to know her father, and if she has them, her brothers, will protect her from the louse who breaks her heart.
Yes that is good that someone family wise will take up for you.

I have often wondered why when you hear about Gal's being stalked that the men around them in family or friends, have not stepped into the picture and dealt with it?

My Dad was really "tuff" on any Guys that came to call on my older Sister! I almost felt sorry for her, but not too much for the Guys! Later on however, she was glad my Dad was that way. He weeded out many of those that would have been nothing but trouble as it is!

Justin B

One Too Many
Rue, you'll agree with me that LMH2 is the poster child for excessive posting. Been a member since August 4th of this year and has 682 posts. He should give you lessons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy