1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

Experiences with Walker Slater?

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Zachary, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Zachary

Zachary One of the Regulars

Good evening Gentlemen,

By recommendation of a friend, I became aware of the Edinburgh, Scotland-based firm Walker Slater. They mainly produce tweed suits.

Does anyone of you know this firm? Is it recommendable? What are your buying / wearing experiences with Walker Slater?

Thank you in advance!

Have a good week,
    Zachary

2. Patrick Hall

Patrick Hall Practically Family

I actually popped into one of their shops in Covent Garden when I was in London last week. I was favorably impressed by their wares. The tweeds are great - really colorful interesting patterns. They had some pretty, slubby linen-silk blends on offer as well, a sort of summer tweed. Most of their suits were available in three pieces, and the cut was "vintage-friendly". They were modern cuts, but, go a couple waist-sizes up to get a high rise on the trews, and you're good to go!

3. eugenesque

eugenesque One of the Regulars

I was at their Covent Garden store last November. Very friendly people. Tweed suits appear to be of good material but I ended up buying something other than suits/clothing. Got a waxed canvas bag as a gym bag. Quality is superb.

4. Edward

Edward Bartender

High quality, but not vintage cuts. Don't think I would be willing to spend the money myself because of the cut, but the quality is certainly there.

5. GWD

GWD One Too Many

I have one of their suits, very nice modern cut suit. Expect to spend more at the tailor to get a more custom fit, sleeve Length, trousers hemmed, and shoulder divots fixed. But all in all a very positive experience and their prices are great!

6. JackieMatra

JackieMatra A-List Customer

I emailed them a few questions regarding their apparel, twice, a year ago, and never received any response.