Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facebook anybody?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm amazed how many of my old friends are on Facebook, and the number of emails I get saying "are you on?" I haven't caved in yet, just can't bring myself to get involved with another thing online.

Luigi Vampa

New in Town
I'm on Facebook, too. It helps keep in touch with my friends from back in NE Ohio. (I'm a new transplant to South Dakota)

I just joined the Fedora Lounge group. Any Loungers are welcome to friend request me. I'm new here and would love to get acquainted with some of you folks! :)

Moodle

New in Town
I just joined the Facebook group as well--I'd be the Meghan with the markedly unfriendly profile photo. (I promise, I do smile occasionally; it's a bit of an in-joke.) And I'm another one happy to have random friend additions--I figure if I friended back the girl from gradeschool I don't actually remember, I may as well take all comers!

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Just to let everyone know, that I'm also on facebook, my name is Laura Fraser, and I'm more than happy to have people add me, the more friends the better (it makes me look more popular ;) ). So I'll just go & add the people who don't mind random friends just now.

Moodle

New in Town
Luddite said:
I'm on Facebook, the problem is that ONE of my friends is on there, and I see him every day anyway!

Oh, give it time...I'm always leaving notes for friends of mine I see regularly. I also once spent about two hours playing Scrabulous while on the phone with the guy I was playing with. Facebook, you cruel, timesucking mistress...

Gatsby84

Familiar Face
I too just joined the group on there. I'm not keen on just randomly adding people, but am not opposed to people adding me.

I don't post on here too much so many may not now me. I just mostly hang around and read... It'll be a change.

-Allen

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Just a hint, ladies and gents! Since Facebook has my real name and contact info, when you friend me, let me know you're from The Fedora Lounge, please. Same with twitter, pownce or skype. Thanks! I tend to not add friends, followers, ect unless I know them from somewhere.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm on there as Timothy Doran. I have only used it once or twice, though, and only got on it a month ago or so because a friend in Israel found me and told me to get an account. I use myspace much more.

myspace/458BC

megagene

New in Town
I'm on Facebook and I belong to a fedora lovers group. If anyone wants to add me as a friend, please feel free. Just search "Gene Paul Na" and let me know you're from The Fedora Lounge. :)

pgoat

One Too Many
I'm there.....

Also, If anyone is on www.bikeforums.net, I post there a lot (same user name). If you are a cyclist (or want to start riding-great new year's resolution! commute to work, help the environment, lose weight, have fun, save some gas or transit $, spend tons of $ on new bikes and swag!) it's a great site, so check it out.

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
FaceBook

I am on facebook, tasked with combing thru the pics posted by the undergraduates in my fraternity chapter.

The kids think facebook is only for undergrads, they seem to have a total blind spot to the fact that to get in to a college or university group, you just need a .edu ending on your email. I have a joke name and joke profile pics.

I have a .edu email from my alma mater, the alumni association gives them out like Pez to members of the association. I find 19 year olds with a pic of them hitting a beer bong before the school's administration does and get them to take it down/untag/or make the profile private.

The kids seem utterly clueless that all School faculty, administration, and police have .edu endings on their email. And they will all use facebook to investigate campus pranks, rules violations, and gather the evidence for campus judicial hearings.

Stealing another fraternity's letters in the Golden Age was a fun prank and the school could have cared less. Today? some 20 y/o could go to jail.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, I just joined Facebook and have a very bland profile to show the world. I joined to keep in touch with my brother. And I just joined the Fedora Lounge group, so I'd LOVE to hear from you and add you as a friend! ;)

Vintage Betty

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I think the difference between the two is that myspace is better for meeting new people.. but facebook seems mainly about keeping in touch with friends you already have. I have both :)

DerMann

Practically Family
If one searches for "anglophile" on Facebook, I'm the fifth or sixth result (my name is Joshua Koch).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo