Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facebook anybody?

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
ah, facebook. takes up too much of my time.
seriously i should smash my computer

but my myspace URL is
myspace.com/sweet_like_aspertame
i hardly spend any time on that

is there a fedora lounge group on facebook?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anachronism said:
is there a fedora lounge group on facebook?

Yes, just look through this thread, it's mentioned a lot.

There seem to be a lot of Lounge self-immolation postings on the FB FL group. What is it about the internet that makes people leaving websites want to have a big rant before they leave? Dignity, people. Dignity. lol

Rachael

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Dignity, people. Dignity. lol

highly overrated. better than going out with a whimper I suppose.

I'm on FB as well, after a brief hiatus. the name's Megan Funk (now decide which is the assumed name ;) )

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rachael said:
highly overrated. better than going out with a whimper I suppose.

I'm on FB as well, after a brief hiatus. the name's Megan Funk (now decide which is the assumed name ;) )

The self-immolation "good bye I hate you all" web posting is always hilarious to me, whether FL or not. lol Soooooooooooooo funny!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
The self-immolation "good bye I hate you all" web posting is always hilarious to me, whether FL or not. lol Soooooooooooooo funny!
I agree with this sentiment entirely.:eusa_clap

Facebook for me is reserved for people I've actually met and consider to be friends. On MySpace, I'll add pretty much anyone, but Facebook is much more personal and much more tied into my actual social life. :)

MJCR

One of the Regulars
I tend to use it for friends and colleagues. I tried myspace, but don't really have the time for it. Twitter looks interesting, to keep in touch with people on the move.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Can't stand Myspace, because my ex loves it! :D

I stick with Facebook, as it has a much better search feature that has allowed me to get in touch with people I haven't seen in 20 years.

I'm very selective in choosing friends on there, but feel free to make a request. (Rick Smith, Carson City NV)

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I have an ultra-secret profile, so if you want to be my friend, I have to add you. Let me know!
How secret are you talking about? I thought about it, but for me the biggest barrier was all the personal info required--as noted elsewhere, I've taken great pains to keep my own name and precise location off the Net.

Perhaps I should exploit the "dual personality", and outsource the job?

Wil Tam

Practically Family
just joined

I had Facebook account for about a month but never really had a use for it ... now I do ... I joined MySpace because I have some friends that have there bands on it... but I never use it.

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
I have MySpace and FB to be honest I get lost on MS so never use it. think Im too old lol. FB on the other hand Im obsessed with.
Ive joined the FL group. If anyone wants to add me feel free to do so, just make sure you mention youre from FL as I have my friends all set to different privacy levels (RL n OL friends see everything, OL aquaintances see everything but pics of my kids and random strangers see very little lol)

Esme

One of the Regulars
I have a FB account, but I couldn't find any of you guys! I don't know how to use it, I guess. I couldn't even find the FL group.

Warden

One Too Many
Well I feel like the new boy at school on this Face Book thingy, it is all rather modern for me.

Anyway I am on it now and known as Home Front Friends

Toodle pip

Harry

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Ah yes I am on Facebook - it's got to the stage where a number of my friend only arrange events via Facebook. So much it gets to the stage that an event occurs and some asked wasn't "such and such invited" to which the host remembers that they assumed they were on Facebook and didn't think of people that weren't.

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Ethan Bentley said:
Ah yes I am on Facebook - it's got to the stage where a number of my friend only arrange events via Facebook. So much it gets to the stage that an event occurs and some asked wasn't "such and such invited" to which the host remembers that they assumed they were on Facebook and didn't think of people that weren't.
That happened with my high school reunion. Only the people that were members of FB were invited. I joined the week after it was held :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points