Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facial Hair.....And Hats

Do You Sport Facial Hair?

• No - I'm clean shaven

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Full on beard - think Papa Smurf!

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • A full beard, but neatly trimmed

Votes: 62 24.7%
  • Moustache

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Goatee

Votes: 54 21.5%
  • More of a five o'clock shadow type of guy

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 8.0%

• Total voters

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, I "started" my mustache about October 1979 in college. I was shaving one morning and someone called my name while shaving my upper lip. I turned to answer them with the blade still between my nose and lip, slicing a shallow 1.5 inch slit under my nose. When the cut healed, I had a mustache. It's NEVER gone away.

Later

Pompidou

One Too Many
Hi, I "started" my mustache about October 1979 in college. I was shaving one morning and someone called my name while shaving my upper lip. I turned to answer them with the blade still between my nose and lip, slicing a shallow 1.5 inch slit under my nose. When the cut healed, I had a mustache. It's NEVER gone away.

Later

Stories like that make me glad I use an electric. I'm so jumpy and prone to startling that naked blades and my neck should never meet - especially when I'm groggy in the morning.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Ive gone back and forth over the years between razors and electrics. Ive been using a Norelco now for many years and Im very happy with it. Great shave, no irritation, and no cuts.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You just reminded me of this page that I found a few years ago.
beard.gif

Had a moustache since age 16, shaved only a few times, but my wife doesn't like me without it (neither do I) so I keep it. Every couple of years or so, I grow a beard, usually for the winter season, keep it well-trimmed, then shave it in the spring. Never wore a goatee or Vandyke, I think I look sinister with it. I think beards and hats go well, you do have that Amish or Rabbi appearance sometimes, especially with a black hat.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
So now I'm curious: what makes up the "other" category in the poll? As of now, eight people voted for "other", so what constitutes "other" in their eyes?
Well what would you call the patch of hair under lower lip ???

If one would have one of those along with or not along with a stache my guess is it would be other???

Don't know if they have a name for that but it seems to be popular now....

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here

xwray

Familiar Face
Starting about 25 years ago I started taking my family snowmobiling in Yellowstone over the Christmas holidays to get away from this Texas heat for at least a few days. During the trip I would not shave and always hated having to shave it off when I got home. About 15 years ago I decided that "if they didn't like it they can lump it" (others, the family seemed to like it) and left it on...I'm basically a throwback any how. So, I cast my vote for the full trimmed beard...

CharlieB

A-List Customer
Moustahce and goatee for spring/summer/fall. Full bear in winter. I've had a moustache (wiht and without other facial hair) for about 30years.

Shaved clean three summers ago and hated it. The only problem is the amount of gray keeps increasing!

DesertDan

One Too Many
I have worn a full beard and stache since I was old enough to grow it.
However, radiation treatments made it impossible for me to grow hair on the right side of my face so I have had to adopt the van dyke style since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot