Facial Hair.....And Hats

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Panda Moanium, Nov 12, 2010.

Do You Sport Facial Hair?

1. No - I'm clean shaven

53 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Full on beard - think Papa Smurf!

13 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. A full beard, but neatly trimmed

55 vote(s)
    23.6%
  4. Moustache

27 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Goatee

53 vote(s)
    22.7%
  6. More of a five o'clock shadow type of guy

12 vote(s)
    5.2%
  7. Other

20 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. CharlieB

CharlieB A-List Customer

Now you are talking about my other hair issue! At least that gives me a good reason to buy hats! ;)

2. Midwest Boater

Midwest Boater One of the Regulars

I go with the 'stash in the warm months
    [​IMG]
    and the goat for the winter months
    [​IMG]
    its cold here longer than it is warm so I checked goat.

3. kyboots

kyboots Practically Family

A goatee here for past 12 years and a mustache since college. Cowboy boots or engineers since college, Aero jacket or Eastman. Perhaps since we appear to also have more non conventional looks with our hats etc., we already had the facial hair down as well. It is different and so are we. I think it is what makes our world flat! John

4. dhermann1

dhermann1 I'll Lock Up

I posted this a few days ago on another thread, but what the hey. I started these muttonchops for a play I was in last month. The role was an old retired sea captain who was deaf and wouldn't shut up. ;) Anyway, they were just barely at the passable level when the show went up, so I decided to keep them around for a while to see how they came out. They're pretty itchy, but I'm loving the look! This was taken Halloween eve, so add a couple more weeks foliage to them. I was, of course, wearing my topper that evening.

[​IMG]

5. WideBrimm

WideBrimm A-List Customer

I've had a full beard since 1979. :D I hate shaving. :mad: As a teenager the novelty of shaving quickly wore off. Combining a beard and a hat tends to make up for the fact that I lack hair up on top. :cool:

6. Nebraska Schulte

Nebraska Schulte Familiar Face

Put me down as another man with full beard but neatly trimmed plus a regular hat wearer. I've been wearing hats ever since I was a kid on a Nebraska farm. I've experimented on and off with facial hair for the past decade (mustache, goatee, full beard), and finally settled with the full beard neatly trimmed for the past 4 years. Works well for the professorial look. ;-)

Best wishes,
    NS

7. CopperNY

CopperNY A-List Customer

used to wear a beard with a hat. i've since gone cleanshaven (at the request of the wife after 14 years of beard), but may go back to a close trimmed beard for January/February for fun.

[​IMG]

8. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

Well, about a week ago it dawned on me that I wasn't shaving. I have not shaved since Thanksgiving, in fact, although my sideburns have had a head start since early November. At this point, I'm seriously considering an experiment trying to grow a beard. I would say my facial hair growth is somewhat slow, but it's almost been an entire month, and I've got about half inch stubble around. I'm thinking of seeing how I might look in a hat with a beard, and if I like it, then great, it'll stick around for a while. I think it's a cool look. At worst, if I'm not satisfied, I'll just go back to sideburns.

9. Lexybeast

Lexybeast A-List Customer

This is probably the tenth time I've posted this on FL. But I'm not letting that stop me.

[​IMG]

Nowadays though, I'm more like this.

[​IMG]

I think it's time to bring the former back though.

10. St.Ignatz

St.Ignatz Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]
    The beard starts after the last day of baseball and comes off when the pitchers and catchers report.
    Tom D.

11. Justin B

Justin B One Too Many

I was clean shaven for the better party of my life, but this past year I've grown a beard and I have to say...I rather like it.

12. T Rick

T Rick Practically Family

For over 20 years, I sported a full beard (usually neatly trimmed, occasionally going a bit wild an woolly). A year and a half ago, I shaved the sides to have a mole surgically removed from my cheek. Around the same time, I discovered one of my more recent hobbies, vintage razors (I've now got over a hundred single and double edged razors, with over 20 being 100 years old or more- these are what I shave with on a daily basis).

Discovered I rather liked the new look of the goatee, and have noticed it seems to be a much more popular choice for men at least in my neck of the woods (I see far more than I do full beards, especially on younger men, though I see in the poll it is a near even split between clean shaven, full beard and goatee).

13. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

I've got big sideburns, and otherwise clean shaven.

14. JimWagner

JimWagner Practically Family

Was clean shaven from labor Day until a couple of weeks ago. After the novelty wore off the reality of shaving every day reasserted itself. Beard's back.

15. Greyfox

Greyfox One of the Regulars

I have a 35 year old daughter who would have no idea who I was without the beard. It's been around now for 37 years. The color has changed from jet black to what you see and after all it is Christmas.

[​IMG][/IMG]

16. swaviator

swaviator New in Town

I know what you mean! My daughter is 34 and has never seen me without a beard. I grew it while on vacation right after she was born. I've asked her many times if I should shave it off, which was met with a resounding, "NO"! Like yours, it has changed color over the years. I now keep it more closely cropped than when it was of full color but always well trimmed.

Now if I can figure out how to post a photo, I shall.

17. kshaver

kshaver New in Town

My beard finally comes in thick enough that I can sport a full beard without it feeling too drafty. (It took longer than it should have, but I am pleased at this point.) Here's me just before Thanksgiving, downtown Seattle during Snowmageddon 2010:

[​IMG]

18. freebird

freebird Practically Family

Am having to re-grow my handlebar moustache. My barber accidentally trimmed it too short.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  19. Charles50

Charles50 New in Town

I have had a beard since I got out of the Army in 1970. The reason is because I get a rash or used to every time I shave. I wanted to shave it but my wife has never seen me without it and does not want me to shave it. I keep it trimed and short.

20. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

Probably not much in the way of facial hair, but you know, I'm working on it, and in a month it should be nearly twice as long in growth, as it's been five weeks for me without shaving.

[​IMG]