Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Melons

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
PrettySquareGal said:
I think that's also what makes many look so out of place- many celebrities look anorexic so it's an even more unnatural to have such a large chest.

I totally agree, and also about the "flat" chests suiting the slender bodies of the time. However I am a curvaceous girl with 39" hips, and having a 31" chest made *me* look out of proportion! lol

What is hilarious about this picture is how much the "new" ML looks like Brit reality TV nobody Chantelle Houghton...

MONALISA.jpg

060228_houghton_vmed_4p.widec.jpg
(I tried to find one with the same smile, but looking at too many pics of her is too stressful)

She is the epitome of the modern fake everything blonde, trying to look what she considers to be "classy" or whatever. (She's a brunette now, but never mind!)

Miss Roulette

New in Town
PrettySquareGal said:
I want to add that it seemed that there was a lot of emphasis on posture back in the 40's and 50's. Images of girls walking with a book on top of their heads comes to mind. I would think that helps with uh, proper positioning. :)

I must say this is a pet niggle of mine. So many women have such bad posture and would look so much better if they improved it. Clothes would hang better for a start.

Mind you, often women with naturally larger breasts (especially on smaller frames) have terrible posture and hunched sholders- a lot of the time due to years of trying to make their breasts look smaller and not draw attention to them.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Miss Roulette said:
I must say this is a pet niggle of mine. So many women have such bad posture and would look so much better if they improved it. Clothes would hang better for a start.

Mind you, often women with naturally larger breasts (especially on smaller frames) have terrible posture and hunched sholders- a lot of the time due to years of trying to make their breasts look smaller and not draw attention to them.

I have to work on my posture. I didn't like being tall when I was younger, so I would slouch albeit unconsciously.

I think a lot of people may have bad posture these day because of the time spent hunching over computers, portable electronic devices, etc.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Fleur De Guerre said:
I totally agree, and also about the "flat" chests suiting the slender bodies of the time. However I am a curvaceous girl with 39" hips, and having a 31" chest made *me* look out of proportion! lol

What is hilarious about this picture is how much the "new" ML looks like Brit reality TV nobody Chantelle Houghton...

MONALISA.jpg

060228_houghton_vmed_4p.widec.jpg
(I tried to find one with the same smile, but looking at too many pics of her is too stressful)

She is the epitome of the modern fake everything blonde, trying to look what she considers to be "classy" or whatever. (She's a brunette now, but never mind!)

Pamela Anderson, too!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
I think a lot of people (in entertainment at least as you were mentioning watching TV earlier) as so set on and demanded by the industry, in order to compete for jobs, etc. to be so very, very thin that most of them would not have any if they didn't add some. I mean a normal thin person is one thing but when there are so very many walking around at near 6 foot tall and just over 100 pounds I don't think you have much fat anywhere...but they still need a feminine shape to sell while on a red carpet in a evening gown, during love scenes, etc.

JMO but I think the obsessive "thin" thing has a lot to do with it.

Bosoms IMHO

As with most nose jobs, I prefer the "before" rather than the "after".
Ladies, please! Don't do it. Lifts after motherhood perhaps, but these cartoon-grotesque results from "doctors" who shouldn't be allowed to inspect meat are ridiculous. I had thought the pendulum had begun to swing back to a modest, petite bosom for m'lady. The eye of this beholder appreciates a wide range of beauty.

Moodle

New in Town
Miss Roulette said:

Perhaps this is slightly TMI, but--I had reduction surgery when I was eighteen, and I remember about two days after the surgery my aunt looking at me and saying "you know, you're already holding yourself differently."

I think because I've experienced the same feelings from the other side of things, I tend to think if a woman wants breast augmentation, she should go for it. True, I hate Victoria Beckham-style fakes, and I do think women often get them for the wrong reasons (to please others rather than themselves)--but I also try to keep in mind that I don't know every other woman's story, so until proven otherwise I'll assume it's been as positive a change for her as it was for me, and that's a good thing! (even if she occasionally does look like she's got oranges stapled to her chest. heh.)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Howcum gent after gent is chiming in on this sensitive topic in the Beauty area, and yet there's been nary a chirp from a bartendrix? [huh]

I'm not complaining, mind you. Quite the contrary.

My take on it, as an unlicensed Cultural Deconstructionist, is that racks as a phenomenon belong to the same American esthetic of opulence and abundance as angora sweaters, bloated bulbous fenders, big-shoulder suits and char-grilled steaks as thick as a plank. Being a determinedly pre-war kinda fellow myself, I definitely am drawn toward the less obvious in my tastes, including those regarding the distaff physiognomy. (Translation: I'm a leg man, too. ;))

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
Howcum gent after gent is chiming in on this sensitive topic in the Beauty area, and yet there's been nary a chirp from a bartendrix? [huh]

I'm not complaining, mind you. Quite the contrary.

My take on it, as an unlicensed Cultural Deconstructionist, is that racks as a phenomenon belong to the same American esthetic of opulence and abundance as angora sweaters, bloated bulbous fenders, big-shoulder suits and char-grilled steaks as thick as a plank. Being a determinedly pre-war kinda fellow myself, I definitely am drawn toward the less obvious in my tastes, including those regarding the distaff physiognomy. (Translation: I'm a leg man, too. ;))

I'm not a Beauty bartender, but I actually was hoping for comments from both genders. Otherwise I would have put this in the Powder Room. ;) I also appreciate the way this has been man-handled. Wait. You know what I mean. :)

Feraud

Bartender
PrettySquareGal said:
I'm not a Beauty bartender, but I actually was hoping for comments from both genders. Otherwise I would have put this in the Powder Room. ;) I also appreciate the way this has been man-handled. Wait. You know what I mean. :)

I think the fellas are a bit gun shy on this one. :)

texasgirl

One Too Many
Well, I think there is a big difference between someone who is very small getting breast implants to feel better about themselves and someone who gets these huge round fake-looking implants. I think the former is a postive step for internal growth- no pun intended. ;) I also believe your body shape should play into it. Curvy gals look better than stick thin girls. I just recently learned Salma Hayek has implants. I always thought she was just naturally curvy. So I guess it depends on the person. I have a friend who has implants and I do find it weird how hard they are when we hug. I can't imagine having to sleep on them! For me personally, I would love to get a reduction. It probably all boils down to that difficult task of loving what God gave us :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Natural bosoms are beautiful in any size or shape. Natural looking Augmented bosoms are also quite beautiful. I think it is all about what makes a woman feel good about herself and attractive - which is itself the most appealing trait of all.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:

I have similar proportions to you, about a 32" chest and 36" hips. Maybe not as dramatic a difference, but I hear ya on the big hips/small chest thing.

I just want to reiterate, if it wasn't clear before, that I have no qualms with women who augment their breasts if they are doing it for themselves. It is unfortunate though that we all have this archetype of "womanliness" in our heads that excludes so many beautiful female body types.

ShortClara

One Too Many
texasgirl said:
Well, I think there is a big difference between someone who is very small getting breast implants to feel better about themselves and someone who gets these huge round fake-looking implants. I think the former is a postive step for internal growth- no pun intended. ;)

I agree and well said - as with most things in life it's a matter of degree. The crazy large type ones look cheap IMO because they are so obvious, but I can't imagine a C cup on a lovely like Fleur does.

Also, thinking on it now, I should remember not to judge when I've not been in Fleur's (or anyone else's) shoes. If there was a magical surgery that could make me grow a few inches but was looked down upon, it might make me really think twice....

Girl Friday

Practically Family
I wouldn't mind having a reduction. Mostly just so clothes would fit better, and I could wear a baby doll shirt and not look like I am wearing a maternity blouse...I wear them anyway, because I think they are cute.

The thing that bugs me is seeing women running or jogging and they are going all over the place..it just looks painful! I spend more money on my sports bras than on my regular ones! Ban the bounce!!!

nyx

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
Also, thinking on it now, I should remember not to judge when I've not been in Fleur's (or anyone else's) shoes. If there was a magical surgery that could make me grow a few inches but was looked down upon, it might make me really think twice....

I agree. I have some terrible scars on my stomach from cancer surgeries and my c-section, and although it would be completely cosmetic, I think I would jump at the chance to get a tummy tuck and have them removed. When you look at yourself in the mirror and you know there's nothing you can do about how awful it looks, it can be very tempting to go the surgical route. I know that it greatly affects my self-esteem and if they were gone, I think I'd carry myself with more confidence.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I personally couldn't care less if somebody has fake breasts or not. I think it is perfectly acceptable to want larger (or smaller) breasts if it makes the woman happy. I agree with most comments about the gigantic ones but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say ;)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I have considered getting implants but never seriously. I have big hips so I thought implants would balance my frame. I'm more balanced since I have gained weight but as I need to lose weight I am a little worred about being off blanace again. But somehow I just don't think I could ever get them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails