Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Melons

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for being supportive guys, I guess I just always want to make the point that my particular surgery wasn't just vanity, and natural isn't always best if it's stopping you enjoying life. I mean it technically *was* vanity, but it was so much more than that. The best thing about having a normal figure is that clothes fit properly now - I'm just the right proportions to fit into all the repro clothes lines I love so much without a ton of padding. But because I didn't go huge they don't have the Victoria Beckham look (plus I have a covering of flesh and am not just skin, bone and implant), in fact people I didn't tell in advance haven't really noticed until I've told them, which is a great sign.

I guess with the uber-padded bras I used to wear every day, and the fact that I tended to over compensate by breathing in a lot to make my chest look larger, it's not a drastic difference. Plus, because of the whole alternative/rockabilly/vintage look I've had since my teens, my figure was probably the last thing people noticed. lol

But now I am comfortable in my own skin, so it was all worth it! It is a bit freaky how they move when I flex my pecs though. I'm going to train myself to do the muscle-man pec dance thing, for my new party piece. (Just kidding! lol)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Big, small, natural or not, I just wish women wouldn't wear skin-tight shirts and low-cut blouses, especially in the office. I don't normally pay much attention to people's figures, but some people make it hard not to look. :eek:

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
My Mom can barely even wear a A-cup (I´m more like my grandmother in her youth) but she wore size XS all her life anyway and is very petite so fake breasts would look ridiculous. However I can understand that if your feeling not in proportion it´s definately not a bad thing to get a good boob job so it is. I think there are two way of how the implants are set. On is under the muscle and the other one I don´t remember. However: One of them looks more natural I heard. I don´t get why ladies go for the ball-look when they have a choice.

(And I´d get me a lifting, if I had the money) ;)

Johanna

One of the Regulars
I have absolutely nothing against it if it's not done for stupid reasons, but I do not personally find fake boobs attractive. I can almost always tell, and to me fake boobs loose the appeal of boobs since they no longer look like them. Lots of people like them though!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Large breasts aren't always fake, either. I have been asked more than once where I "got my boobs done." I say they're real and I usually get a "yeah right" response. There's a lift in my future I'm sure, post-children - I could get insurance to cover a reduction but I'm proportionate so I'm not sure it would make sense. Plus, all that recovery time. :eek:

Edward

Bartender
PrettySquareGal said:
I'm not a Beauty bartender, but I actually was hoping for comments from both genders. Otherwise I would have put this in the Powder Room. ;) I also appreciate the way this has been man-handled. Wait. You know what I mean. :)

Ah, well, in that case.... I've always felt that to women my views on breasts are probably the same as my views on the racism experienced by black folks when I was growing up - i.e. all very well, but my understanding will inevitably be limited by my not being a woman. :eek: For what it's worth, though, there was a time when I would have been very passionately against augmentation on the basis that no woman should be made to feel inadequate by some artificial body ideal imposed by the media. Then one day I saw a documentary on breast problems which I got sucked into because it included a story about a man who had breast cancer (previously, I'd had no idea that could possibly happen to a man).One of the women interviewed had surgery for reasons that changed my opinion. She had simply never developed breasts and as a result had never felt like a woman. Seeing how badly this affected her psychologically within herself, and not because of some perceived media presentation, much more fundamental than that, convinced me that for some ladies an augmentation may be the best course of action for their own reasons, and this does not mean that they are simply following a social norm. Something along the lines of what Fleur describes, in a post above which is very brave of her as it must be difficult to open up about this (I'm sure there are almost as many judegemental of those who have surgery as those who don't fit the prevailing beauty ideal). I really do believe that if people know the risks and can afford it, there's no reason why someone shouldn't have a cosmetic procedure provided it really is for themselve,s or is psychologically beneficial. I know I'd have a whole heap of work done if I had the money (starting with lipo to get rid of the pot belly that dogs me no matter how much weight I lose!).

Incidently, I had no idea that Dita Von Tease and Salma Hayek had had their bosoms surgically enhanced. It seems to me that it can be done in such a way as to look natural and suit the body of the lady concerned. As with so many things in life, context is important. I cannot offer any sort of an informed opinion on any perceptible difference in feel when it comes to implanted breasts because I haven't.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
I used to be very against boob jobs, even though I was a slim (uk) size 10 with A cup boobs. But I've since put on weight and gone up to a C. Now I'm trying to shift that body weight, but am worried I'm going to lose my boobs. I never realised before just how differently boobs would make me feel. I'd actually hate to go back to my previously boyish figure again - so if the boobs vanish with my weight, then I'll start saving up.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Edward said:
It seems to me that it can be done in such a way as to look natural and suit the body of the lady concerned. As with so many things in life, context is important. I cannot offer any sort of an informed opinion on any perceptible difference in feel when it comes to implanted breasts because I haven't.

I dont think anyone is arguing augmentation for physical deformities of loosing a breast or under developed-ness. Thats the procedures purpose.

I think its the art of making them look realistic/natural as just opposed to larger is what is so distracting to most people. It looks comical, simply to say "I have fake boobs. They are big." instead of "I have enhanced an attribute that suits my frame, even tho exaggerated." :rolleyes:

LD

Rainbow

Familiar Face
I think large breasts are way over-rated. I've always had large breasts (38D)and it's so hard to buy really cute tops and sweaters. Not to mention the fact that I am much older now and they are really sagging. I don't know if "enhanced" breasts sag or not.

epr25

Practically Family
I think that if you want to enhance yourself go for it. I have to admit that the stick figure with DD boobs look is bothersome to me. The odd thing is that so many men are into that? I worked at a strip club as a shot girl for a breif time. There were girls of all shapes and sizes. There were many with large fake boobs. There was even a mother daughter team which was always so bizare to me? I always found it odd that I could go in work 3 hours selling shots ( I did wear shorter skirts and tops, I am also pretty small chested like and A at the time, but never nude or showing my chest ) and made more then the girls up there shaking it on the stage half naked. Weird.

anabolina

A-List Customer
I agree with most of ya'll. Some of those fake breasts are unsettling, although I don't really notice them unless they're really obvious. Shrugs. Someone upthread, yes I'm to lazy to look back, mentioned her money-strapped daughter had them done. Anyway, my cousin got hers done and yes she is the fake orange tan, platinum blonde, skiny as a rail type and that's fine. I love her, but I do think her chest looked better when it was smaller. On the other hand, since she got them, she's been getting modeling work on the side so she's actually kinda earning money from the money she spent. And yes, she's a single mother of 3 who lives with her Mom to save money, but somehow never seems to. Wow, when I write this out, it seems sort of catty and I don't mean it that way at all. I just mean that even though they do look really fake, she loves them and it's helped her make more money, so I guess she made the right choice for her situation.

On the other hand, I've 2 sisters who have huge DDs and the back problems they entail, but I wouldn't trade my Cs for anything. I'm comfortable with my body the way it is and don't have to change most patterns to fit me. :)

Trixie

One of the Regulars
Rainbow said:
I think large breasts are way over-rated. I've always had large breasts (38D)and it's so hard to buy really cute tops and sweaters. Not to mention the fact that I am much older now and they are really sagging. I don't know if "enhanced" breasts sag or not.

Enhanced breasts dont tend to sag. Even after you've had a baby. I think the difference in looking real & looking stripper like is in the placement of the implant. If you put it behind the muscle then what you see is actual breast, and if you put it in front of the muscle then it's implant. I think that's the case.

Television is over run with stick thin, fake breasted tarts with way too orange tans and way too much time on their hands. So I can see where it would get on anyone's nerves! But a lot of times implants are done in a much classier way and if they make a woman feel more secure about herself then I say go for it.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Talk about synchronicity,...

I hit one of my favorite junk stores today as I was in that neighborhood, and what do I find but this nifty and informative vintage book, (circa 1949) all about how to improve one's bust, the all-natural, non-surgical, old-fashioned way. :)
Written by none other than Joe Bonomo, "International authority on health, beauty, bodily and personality self -development; personal consultant for Hollywood stars; director of Bonomo Culture Institute,etc."
Bonomobook001.jpg
[/IMG]

Just chock full of swell tips for exercise, diet and nutrition, posture, anatomically correct drawings, :)o ) and etc.
Bonomobook002.jpg
[/IMG]

The famous Joe.
Bonomobook003.jpg
[/IMG]

(I think I will offer this rare tome on ebay, but before I do, any interested parties feel free to PM me with offers. :D )

funneman

Practically Family
OK, here goes.

I guess one thing that bothers me about breast augmentation is my presumed assumption that the woman is doing so, in a male dominated society, in order to virtually get anything she wants.

But what bothers me the most, :eusa_doh: is the insistence on the part of most men, to prove her correct.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner