Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Melons

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I've got to get this off of my chest. :eek: *

I'm really tired of seeing women with surgically "enhanced" racks. Yes, I know, I don't have to look at them, and I don't make a point of it, and it's none of my business, but sometimes it's just so in your face.

I was zoning out in front of the boob tube and watched the very beginning of Dancing with the Stars. I think that's what it was. I don't know, but it seemed that every woman was flaunting fakes.

When I watch the old films and TV shows, the women comparatively are "flat" chested, but honestly, I think they look so much prettier and real.

What do you think?

*This is filled with unintentional bad puns. Sorry.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Everyone has their reasons for getting breast augmentation, and on a personal level, I wouldn't have a problem with anyone who has done it. But I agree, it's a little obnoxious how it seems to be the bigger (and rounder and faker) the better in the media, when all sizes and shapes should be celebrated.

I know Dita von Teese has fake breasts, but they are so natural looking! What I don't understand is why someone would choose to get unnaturally round and too big for their frame breasts when they can get a nice, natural looking boob job like the one Dita has.

I mean, I have small boobs, slightly larger ones would be nicer and balance my figure a bit more. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd rather just accept my body the way it is. If I went ahead and got a boob job, I'd just be letting myself down in the long run. I've never conformed to any other beauty standards of this current time period, so why start changing myself now?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
I've got to get this off of my chest. :eek: *

I'm really tired of seeing women with surgically "enhanced" racks. Yes, I know, I don't have to look at them, and I don't make a point of it, and it's none of my business, but sometimes it's just so in your face.

I was zoning out in front of the boob tube and watched the very beginning of Dancing with the Stars. I think that's what it was. I don't know, but it seemed that every woman was flaunting fakes.

When I watch the old films and TV shows, the women comparatively are "flat" chested, but honestly, I think they look so much prettier and real.

What do you think?

*This is filled with unintentional bad puns. Sorry.
I totally agree. Fake is just, well,...FAKE. :(
I blame the media, in particular the boob tube, for playing upon the insecurities of the viewers. The worst part of it all is that people don't seem to realize that they are being scammed out of their "disposable income". :mad:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Ya know, sigh, I have to admit my next big investment is going to be in my chest. Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuutttttt, its not implants, they are already a generous size, thank you vera much, they need a lift! After having 2 kids and gravity, Momma Nature hasn't been kinda and I am only 33.

The breasts that look "fake" are unfortunatley done by the drs who are in it with out the patients best intentions in mind, and only the $$$$$. There are a lot of women out there who have implants that you'd never be able to tell.

A good dr will make them look real and think of the patient. A bad dr will think of only the money and not the patient and how she will look. (take for example the out come of Mr Michael Jackson....:eek: ) Money hungry drs.

Yup.

Josephine

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
... its not implants, they are already a generous size, thank you vera much, they need a lift! After having 2 kids and gravity, Momma Nature hasn't been kinda and I am only 33.

I want a breast lift too.

It's hard not to stare when you see women with perfect round 'breast balloons' floating on their chest. It's very surreal...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I know they are hard not to look at!

Its that perfectly spaced crevice in the non touching cleavage that gets me. How can they be so taunt and not touch?!

Mine arnt perfect, or perfectly round, but they are me and with all my physical flaws, I can honestly say I am rather happy with myself. :eek:

I think depending on ones 'group' their look will be their norm. I know a lot of girls who want fakies. I keep thinking, they are like tattoos, you have to get them 'touched up' every once and a while. Its not a one trick pony.

I have also known some women who get them reduced. I cant argue with that. If its going to help your posture, back etc go for it.

If your laying flat on your back, and your girls are at top attention...well lets just say I wouldnt want to be 50 and have that happen. lol

LD

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Chesty La Rue

My oldest daughter bought herself a set this past July. She did not go super large. My problem with it is she is a single mother of a five year old. She can not make ends meet most months. I think that money might have been better spent or better yet saved, like for that little girls education.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Blecch. Even when they're "well done", they are still bolt-ons. I prefer the real thing, thank you very much.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Talk about timing - a buddy sent me this cartoon today:

MONALISA.jpg

Says it all! lol

The big round basketball ones just look ridiculous. Nothing sexy there.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I have breast implants. They have really changed my life. Previously, I felt like a freak. I would look at myself in the mirror and I would cry. I would cry in bra fitting rooms when the smallest sizes didn't fit me. I would cry when bikini shopping because everything looks ridiculous on a woman with curvaceous hips and a completely flat chest. I would even refuse to wear a bathing suit because I was so self-conscious. I didn't actually feel like a woman. I spent almost every single day depressed and paranoid about the way I looked.

You may not believe me when I say this, but the media had no influence on my feelings. It was all the women I saw every day, even the women with the smallest breasts had more than me. When your 10 year old cousin is bigger than you, you kind of feel kind of let down by Mother Nature!

I had a lot of people very supportive of my decision, and a few who told me I shouldn't conform to the media image of what a woman should look like, and perhaps I should have counselling to come to terms with my size. I didn't want counselling, I wanted boobs.

So I had implants. I went from a less than AA to a C-cup and it's the best thing I have ever done. I don't go around wearing low cut tops, showing anything off (except that I have now felt confident enough to do vintage-style pinup modelling, something I'd never have dared to do before), I just feel NORMAL. I don't think about it any more. And that was worth every penny.

So I get a bit sad when I see people universally slating the mere idea of breast augmentation, and saying "I don't care about the circumstances, natural is always best". For me it wasn't even like cosmetic surgery, it is more like corrective surgery, giving me something I never had, rather than trying to improve on what nature granted. I might add, my boyfriend did not care about my lack of chest, but he supported my decision to do it for me, no one else. So please don't judge everyone for doing something like this.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Fleur De Guerre said:
I have breast implants. They have really changed my life. Previously, I felt like a freak. I would look at myself in the mirror and I would cry. I would cry in bra fitting rooms when the smallest sizes didn't fit me. I would cry when bikini shopping because everything looks ridiculous on a woman with curvaceous hips and a completely flat chest. I would even refuse to wear a bathing suit because I was so self-conscious. I didn't actually feel like a woman. I spent almost every single day depressed and paranoid about the way I looked.

You may not believe me when I say this, but the media had no influence on my feelings. It was all the women I saw every day, even the women with the smallest breasts had more than me. When your 10 year old cousin is bigger than you, you kind of feel kind of let down by Mother Nature!

I had a lot of people very supportive of my decision, and a few who told me I shouldn't conform to the media image of what a woman should look like, and perhaps I should have counselling to come to terms with my size. I didn't want counselling, I wanted boobs.

So I had implants. I went from a less than AA to a C-cup and it's the best thing I have ever done. I don't go around wearing low cut tops, showing anything off (except that I have now felt confident enough to do vintage-style pinup modelling, something I'd never have dared to do before), I just feel NORMAL. I don't think about it any more. And that was worth every penny.

So I get a bit sad when I see people universally slating the mere idea of breast augmentation, and saying "I don't care about the circumstances, natural is always best". For me it wasn't even like cosmetic surgery, it is more like corrective surgery, giving me something I never had, rather than trying to improve on what nature granted. I might add, my boyfriend did not care about my lack of chest, but he supported my decision to do it for me, no one else. So please don't judge everyone for doing something like this.

I can't speak for everyone, but since I started this thread I want to say that I personally do not judge every lady who has artificial breasts for the sole purpose of making them bigger since it would be impossible and foolish of me- every woman has her own story, reasons and choices. You obviously are an intelligent and independent lady and made the decision that is right for you. That's wonderful!

Having said that, I stand by my belief that the media has skewed many (not all) girl's and women's (and fellow's) idea of what is a normal chest size. What some today would call "flat" would have been, back then, proportionate to the slender bodies.

I think that's also what makes many look so out of place- many celebrities look anorexic so it's an even more unnatural to have such a large chest.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I want to add that it seemed that there was a lot of emphasis on posture back in the 40's and 50's. Images of girls walking with a book on top of their heads comes to mind. I would think that helps with uh, proper positioning. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner