Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Faryl Robin Shoes On SALE!!!!

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Me too!

The others are surely cute, but I love those Fenways. I ended up getting some through Nordstroms for a bit less than Zappos and Endless; I knew that if I waited for a sale they would be sold out of my size... so I got the practical black ones, then realized I really would die without the cherry red - by then they were indeed sold out of my size, even not on sale. Nordstroms, though, was able to track down a pair for me at a store in Chicago, and Chicago shipped them out to me.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:
I wanted too long. They are out of my size in red and black. I'll just wait till I get my bonus and splurge on the Fenways.

Oh, too bad--but the Fenway shoe is really nice.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
hepkitten said:
Curse my size 9-1/2 feet. 'Cause those shoes are without-a-doubt cute.

I would go up to the size 10s. I wear a size 8.5 or 9 (depending on the shoe). Because they run a little bit small, I ordered a size 9. An 8.5 would have been too narrow and short in the toe. And the 9's just fit with not much room to spare. If you're foot is widere, I would go to 10s.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
No prob- others are saying they run small though. I guess you just have to try 'em....so you have to buy them. You know, for science.;)

I would say order the size you normally do, just don't expect there to be much room for play. If you wear a size 10 and order a 9.5, I don't think there is much room for stretching the shoe out. Or if you're between sizes like I am (I can wear an 8.5 or 9 depending on the shoe), go to the next size up.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BeBopBaby said:
I would say order the size you normally do, just don't expect there to be much room for play. If you wear a size 10 and order a 9.5, I don't think there is much room for stretching the shoe out. Or if you're between sizes like I am (I can wear an 8.5 or 9 depending on the shoe), go to the next size up.

I bought another pair we were all lusting after in a 9 (I'm a 9.5), and they were tight for a few days then stretched out.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
These arrived today and I tried them on to make sure they fit. This style actually seems a bit on the larger side. My feet slip out when I try and walk across the room :(. I may try some heel holder thingies and see if that helps.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
JupitersDarling said:
These arrived today and I tried them on to make sure they fit. This style actually seems a bit on the larger side. My feet slip out when I try and walk across the room :(. I may try some heel holder thingies and see if that helps.

How did you order yours? Did you order the nest size up from your normal size?

Samantha

Vintage Betty

In case someone ordered a size 7 black that doesn't work for them, I'm interested. They were sold out when I got to the website.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

oh,, and Amazon had problems the other nite and I had to get customer service to put items in my basket. The doofus that helped me never told me they were having technical difficulties until the very end of the conversation. :eusa_doh:

Vintage Betty

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
BeBopBaby said:
I would go up to the size 10s. I wear a size 8.5 or 9 (depending on the shoe). Because they run a little bit small, I ordered a size 9. An 8.5 would have been too narrow and short in the toe. And the 9's just fit with not much room to spare. If you're foot is widere, I would go to 10s.

Tempting...tempting! My foot runs narrow, though, I tend to walk out of a lot of 10Ms. Really depends on the cut of the shoe. I think this time I'll just watch the fun...when I have some extra money, I might be braver. But thanks for the nudge!

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
retrogirl1941 said:
How did you order yours? Did you order the nest size up from your normal size?

Samantha
my normal size. One of the 2 reviews on zappos did say they ran 1/2 larger, but the other said "true to size" so I went with my usual size, because it's not that often that shoes run larger.

Actually, what a reviewer of the Fenway on zappos said sounds quite like the situation with the fit in the Fergie too, because my left foot, which is not quite a 9, but still ever so slightly larger than my right (a true 8.5), fits better:
"The shoes fit slightly strangely, almost a little too big but not quite a half size down, I just stuck with "fits true to size."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot