Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite cars of the golden era

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
ether823 said:
Just a plain old Morris 8 for me.

a_1938_Morris_8_Series_II.jpg

Say, I like that.

-Dave

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
There are a lot of cars of the past which I like. The design was imho more appealing than today.

But one of my most favorites would be the Wanderer W25K made by, well, Wanderer

wanderer-w25k.jpg

Besides this one I like the classical "grandeur" of the old Horch cars.
That makes me an Audi fan, and yes I would like to own a nice modern Audi if I could afford it (the Audi TT ;) ) but until then my old Opel must do it...

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
Unlucky Berman said:
There are a lot of cars of the past which I like. The design was imho more appealing than today.

But one of my most favorites would be the Wanderer W25K made by, well, Wanderer

I've seen that car! At the new Audi museum in Ingolstadt. Great place.

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
StraightEight said:
I've seen that car! At the new Audi museum in Ingolstadt. Great place.

I have seen it on the last AMI (Automobil International Messe Leipzig) and there is also one in the old August Horch museum in Zwickau. The latter is worth a visit, a lot of historical infos and cars from Autounion, Horch, DKW ...
Zwickau is not too far away from Dresden and, well as a watch collector Glashütte. So if you ever came to the eastern part of Germany, just make a stop in Zwickau, drive through Glashütte for a nice watch and take a walk through the baroque city of Dresden at the evening ;) Did I mention that Dresden is not far away from the Elbsandsteingebirge and the fortress Königsstein. Bot are also worth a visit on its own. But, well enough advertising and sightseeing.

Story

I'll Lock Up
The Amazing Vintage Funeral Cars Of Argentina
http://jalopnik.com/5572791/argentinas-amazing-vintage-funeral-cars

The hearse and flower-car pair were discovered in a barn with other old hearses. Aguerra immediately knew he had to have them. Both vehicles began life as 1942 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60 Special four-door sedans, each with a 133-inch wheelbase and V8 power. They were then transformed into high-profile hearses by a little-known coach builder named Hermida y Nazzi.

500x_flower_car.jpg

Jish1969

Familiar Face
We just had a classic car show today on Elmwood Ave lots of cool stuff, but the 1939 Lincoln Zephyr takes the cake. I got a nice shot of the console too

ElmwoodAveCarShowBuffaloNY010.jpg
[/IMG]

ElmwoodAveCarShowBuffaloNY004.jpg
[/IMG]

ElmwoodAveCarShowBuffaloNY011.jpg
[/IMG]

ElmwoodAveCarShowBuffaloNY012.jpg
[/IMG]

ElmwoodAveCarShowBuffaloNY007.jpg
[/IMG]

ElmwoodAveCarShowBuffaloNY006.jpg
[/IMG]

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
Jish1969 said:
We just had a classic car show today on Elmwood Ave lots of cool stuff, but the 1939 Lincoln Zephyr takes the cake. I got a nice shot of the console too

ElmwoodAveCarShowBuffaloNY007.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you for your images. What fantastic curves that car has!
Just imagine driving along, casually minding your own business, meaning now harm, when all of a sudden this grill(e) appears in your rear mirror ... you would feel pursued straight away even if you are not guilty ... :D

I have not ventured very far into the world of cars from the golden era, but the two types below are two examples I would own if my wallet was more capable ...

Mercedes Benz 710 SSK Trossi Roadster - ~ 1931
I simply adore dramatic curves and shapes ...
k365iv.jpg

Mercedes Benz 540K - ~1935 - 1940
Elegant ....
2a9eeex.jpg

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
It does not leave my mind ....

Jish1969 said:

ElmwoodAveCarShowBuffaloNY004.jpg
[/IMG]

Jish1969, I thank you for posting these images. This car does not leave my mind! :eusa_doh:

Can you, or anyone else, supply me with more information? When googling for "lincoln zephyr 1939" the 'ordinary' model appears to turn up 90% of times.

Was this particular one a concept car? Are they custom made?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy