Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite cars of the golden era

lord_k

One of the Regulars
A 1936 model, if Google Images isn't steering me wrong.

Here's a good shot of a '36 Terraplane:
s640x480

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
Wow long thread... I will soon read the entire thing here but my favorite cars of the golden era? Wow I am not sure exactly I like a lot of them such as Buick Roadmasters, Cadillac, and of course my own personal 1946 Chrysler Windsor 3 window coupe. From my understanding there was only 706 of these made... Either way I am a huge car collector and my favorite years are 20's-40's. Even though I'm only 23 I have owned about 13 or 14 old cars now and still have 6. :)
They just dont make cars now like they did back in the 40's that's for sure!

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
Went down to the Hunnert Car PileUp in Decatur, Ill, this past weekend. Got to have a photo taken with a gorgeous Hudson Terraplane. Navy blue with ivory interior. I've always been a sucker for suicide doors, and this beauty had four!

DSC_0479-1.jpg
While reading this I was going to ask you if it was blue and then I saw the end of your post. I "think" I know the guy who owns it from a hot rod site I am on. He has one just like it. Nice looking car!

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
I will try to post this picture here... Not sure if it will work. Anyways this is a picture of it when I was getting ready to load it up onto the flatbed to take home from the PO's place.
attachment.php

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
I will have to get some more pictures of it later. I still have not gotten it on the road as I have 6 vehicles right now and 3 of them are projects. I am hoping to get to this one after christmas or just before.

BoPeep

Practically Family
While reading this I was going to ask you if it was blue and then I saw the end of your post. I "think" I know the guy who owns it from a hot rod site I am on. He has one just like it. Nice looking car!

hmmm, if you're talking about the HAMB, the guy who took the photo is "petritl" from Illinois, but he's not the owner. His friend let him borrow it for the day! Can you imagine?

Chas

One Too Many
The 'Zeph was amazing. Try finding one stock...near to impossible. The kustom kar people and hotrodders have hunted them to extinction.

My car will forever be the 1941 Cadillac Series 62.
7b_3.jpg

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
I love that Zeph two pics above. I like chopped and layed down rear windows on them but that stock roof line was gorgeous! Reminds me of my 46 Chrysler somewhat and I think that's why I fell in love with mine. I'd rather have a Lincoln Zephyr but chance of finding one will be slim to none (stock that is).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner