Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite tie stores

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
classyguy said:
Mine would have to the Duke and Duchess Co. at http://www.dukendutchess.com/

:eek:

pink3big.jpg

I have a couple of Stacy Adams ties from the 3 Day Suit Broker that I like a lot for modern ties.

But most often I look for ties on Ebay that are the shorter wider styles. They are in the range of mid to late forties up to the early fifties, with some really neat designs. The colors and designs are there plus there is often a sperate design that is part of the weave. My dad had several and the moment I expressed an interest in them in the 70's he promptly threw them out and would not permit me to save any of them except one. Same thing happened with his 78's! Unfortunately somewheres along the line I lost that tie. Anyway I am always looking for that one on ebay.

Sincerely,

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My favorite place in NYC for vintage ties has always been Church St Surplus, 327 Church St, down below Canal Street. Haven't been there in a while, so I don't even know if they're still there. (Just Googled, it's there! Yay!) Great store, great stuff, GREAT prices. Worth a trip downtown.
They even have old flags, vintage bedspreads and curtains, and blankets.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
In Los Angeles...

...Goodwill and Salvation Army have always produced some surprises now and then (especially thin ties). Yet Out of the Closet thrift stores (particularly in Glassell Park and Atwater) tend to have more Bold Look ties than any other second hand stores I've been to. Blue Iguana in Hollywood has some nice Bold Look-era examples, and the prices are decent, but I tend not to spend more than $3 for any neckties. And, yes, E-Bay has some great examples. The trick is to bid low on a lot of ties from the same dealer; that way your s/h will be combined. Tied into this (no pun intended) if a seller is asking a high s/h for one tie, then most buyers will shy away from bidding. That is your chance to bid $2-$3 on many of his/her ties, and often have the winning bids. I've purchased quite a few excellent ties for only 99cents each, and have combined shipping on all of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo