Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Fest V?

Brando11

A-List Customer
Well, being in my home town, I'm in for sure. Chicago doesn't have to be expensive. Get a good hotel five miles out of town near public transport and you're set-

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
A meet up in Chicago will draw a large group of users for sure.
A know Rusty has stated that he is stepping down after organizing the last few years.

The first step is setting a date that works for most that want to attend.
So if everyone would like to suggest a date. In the spring that would help.
We can then set up a poll to get a date.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Robert, Josh and I were supposed to be organizing FFV. We haven't had a lot of time to devote to a spring fest. How does everyone feel about a fall edition?

B

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
I'd be interested--Chicago's a short flight for me and a Fest at the Optimo South Side location would be interesting (I've been to the fitting store in the loop). The timing would depend upon my schedule--early October is booked for a conference but I'll be in Chicago in November right after election day for a conference.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I be there most weekends depending on what others at work have scheduled. Fedora get togethers to talk hats. Doesn't need a lot of planning other than date and where to eat.:D

rlk

I'll Lock Up
If it happens, the Fest will not take place at Optimo. There is no ability to have a group go through the production portions of the building due to limited space and conditions as well as other issues. A visit to the store would be the limit as a group.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I think a lot here would enjoy being in the Optimo shop
together. I know they would not be as friendly as Mike was last
year letting Robert,Bill and Josh make their own hats.
But the sharing would still be there.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for your calm reasoning Ed. Optimo has the large equipment of a small factory in spaces the size of hallways and a small garage and a small busy staff. Even the retail portions are behind counters and not designed for self-service. It is neither a 1-man shop nor a production line. Timing and numbers would come into play as to what interaction might be possible, I don't want people to expect something akin to Buckaroo Hatters last year.

There are also other Hat Shops and another Hatter in the area, but it is still too soon to know what can be arranged.

Mike was exceptionally generous with his time, shop and materials and he is indeed a Lounge participant. That was the only Fedorafest with hands on experience. The space as well as his exceptional personality made that Fedorafest unique.

Other Fests involved just short visits to Commercial Factories and the rest personal interaction and visits to local sites and eateries.

Last edited:
May I suggest a FedoraFest promotion by Optimo? Buy a hat for the event, get a room credit at the downtown LaQuinta (or wherever)? If Graham were on board, perhaps Optimo could reserve a number of rooms at a discounted ($100-ish?) rate for the purpose. He'll sell more hats.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Seeing Robert, Josh and Bill again is a great draw as well as many others here on the lounge I know Nik wants to come to Chicago and I am sure others would turn out. Optimo in town is great but meeting others here on the lounge in person is the real draw. I am sure I would be looking at hat buying but talking to others who have the same interest is the real draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt