Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

r.l.parker

New in Town
For now... but we hope we may be able to do this again with another color.
As to the bluegrass green Campdraft, when the hats come in, you can check with Sam at EVERYTHING AUSTRALIAN.
I believe he ordered some to sell at his shop.

If you are involved in this thread be sure to subscribe to it so that you don't have to go through several pages to find it. I have my notices sent to me once a day by email whenever there is a new post here. You don't want to miss something important!

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Landman

One Too Many
I received a standard Campdraft in Moonstone recently and think that color would be a good candidate for another one of these special buys. In my opinion, it is a very classy color and would look good with a shorter brim for wearing with a business suit. Just a thought.

Thanks again for arranging this special buy.

I received a standard Campdraft in Moonstone recently and think that color would be a good candidate for another one of these special buys. In my opinion, it is a very classy color and would look good with a shorter brim for wearing with a business suit. Just a thought.

Thanks again for arranging this special buy.

Moonstone is only available in Heritage grade, not the standard Imperial grade...I agree with the classy color eval though...

TPD166

One Too Many
The wait until January is too long - so I took my current CD to Texas Hatters and had them cut the brim to 2-5/8" and re-bind the edge (I think they even used the same ribbon). Maybe this will hold me over until the new one gets here!
CD-2-5-8.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
It cost me $20 + the gas to drive up there! I've had them do a few things for me and not only is the work outstanding, the prices cannot be beat. The are currently replacing the sweatband in my Resistol "beater" that fell apart last week - $25.

Nice modification Robert....benefit of having a local hatter to tweak one your way...do you mind stating what they charged for your adjustment?

Duper

Practically Family
The wait until January is too long - so I took my current CD to Texas Hatters and had them cut the brim to 2-5/8" and re-bind the edge (I think they even used the same ribbon). Maybe this will hold me over until the new one gets here!
CD-2-5-8.jpg

Now you are just teasing us! :)

Looks good. Hopefully there will be a lot more smiling faces in a few months.

Landman

One Too Many
Moonstone is only available in Heritage grade, not the standard Imperial grade...I agree with the classy color eval though...

Tom, I just noticed this. I meant a standard brim length. Yes, it is a Heritage grade felt. Very nice hat.

Robert, Texas Hatters did a nice job on your Campdraft.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have been thinking about my order of the Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim - bluegrass this evening. Everything is on schedule?

Listening to some fine Jazz music this evening while wearing a hat has me thinking about the Akubra that we have ordered. My buddies asked me about the hat I am wearing and the conversation drifted to hats and then what hat I reccomended for their uses. Not having ever owned an Akubra, I relayed and qualified as a "future owner, " I believed the info I gleaned from the Fedora Forum folks that the models were weather tough.

Thinking and reflecting about our order this evening.

Best to all, Eric -

BTW: Fine jazz music here in Minneapolis, MN. Listening to John Pizzarelli quartet that will start the next set shortly.

Last edited:

53Effie

A-List Customer
I have been thinking about the order the last day or two as well. Not getting anxious yet, but just anticipating. Certainly looking forward to receiving the hat...maybe they'll be done early?

samlark

New in Town
I can't believe it's almost time! It seems like only yesterday it was the end of October.

Needless to say, I'm really excited.

-- Sammy

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I have been thinking about the order the last day or two as well. Not getting anxious yet, but just anticipating. Certainly looking forward to receiving the hat...maybe they'll be done early?

Yeah, I've been thinking about the order too! I've been rotating between my Silverbelly Camp Draft, My 50's Playboy, Early 60's 25 Open Road and my Early 40's Strat!. The Camp Draft is the only new "nice" fedora that I own except for my new Stage Coach Top Hat I bought a couple of weeks ago. That is a cool little hat! The new Camp Draft will in this color will be a great addition to the stable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo