Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

Landman

One Too Many
Here is mine next to an Akubra Campdraft in silverbelly. The brim on the silverbelly is actually 2 7/8" and the brim on the bluegrass green is 2 1/2".

The BG Campdraft is a great hat and I'm very pleased with it. Let's do this again in another color!

Akubra_Bluegrass_Green_201_zpsdcacd218.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Mike the BG Campdraft looks great with the shorter brim.
Thanks for the side by side.

Its also true that the ribbon is wider than that of a current Open Road.
I believe that may be because of Akubra no longer having the license
from Stetson. The same hat only a little different.

Last edited:

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Great picture Landman! I've got the Silverbelly in their Deluxe felt, like it a lot. While I didn't get in on this BG order, I would gladly join in on another color, like Hoyt said, maybe a Taupe? You all have some good looking hats with the BG!! Enjoy them!!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I just got mine and I'm very happy with it! Beautiful color and wonderful feel. I did a quick center dent dry bash and was pleased at how well the felt took it. I'll wet it down and use a little steam tomorrow. This Camp Draft is not as big on my head as my 61 Silverbelly is. It's more of a loose 7 1/2 than a 7 5/8 which is actually perfect for me. My new Biltmore OR fits exactly the same. I'm really glad I got in on this buy. Probably worked out better quality wise than if we would have gone with a modern Stetson.

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Rusty,

You're welcome. I've always been a wider brim type of guy but I really like the way this hat looks on me. I think it is the tall and straight crown that makes this shorter brim look so nice. My other 2 1/2" brim hats have shorter and more tapered crowns like a new production Stratoliner or an Akubra Stylemaster.

-------

Preacher Man,

Not that it really matters because it is just a picture but that silverbelly Campdraft is a deluxe.

--------

I'm just curious, does anybody else's new BG have a 2 1/2" brim or is mine just an anomaly?

RBH

Bartender
--------

I'm just curious, does anybody else's new BG have a 2 1/2" brim or is mine just an anomaly?

I do not know for sure... but I think brim width goes along with head size [to a degree]
As a 2 1\2 brim on a 7 5\8 would seem really small. A 2 1\2 on a 7 3\8s will look much better.
These are just my thoughts on it, by the way what size are you?

Then you get into the really nice, tall crown of a Campdraft... the shorter brims all look better with a tall straight crown. In my opinion.

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Rusty,

I'm in between a 7 3/8 and a 7 1/2. My Campdrafts are all 59's because they seem to run a little larger. I have a Fed IV in 60 though that fits nice. Both those in the picture are 59's.

I think every Campdraft brim is a little different. I didn't realize that silverbelly was 2 7/8" until I measured it this morning. You could almost say it is 3" depending on where you measure it from. The BG was actually a little under 2 1/2" depending on where you measure it from too.

Whatever the brim lengths or reasons why....they are great hats. Now I want to get a shorter brim silverbelly or moonstone!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Here are a couple pictures of my quicky dry bash right out of the box. I have the back sloped down to about 4 1/2 inches and it has that "tug boat" look that Tom was talking about. I did a center dent this time instead of a diamond and think I'll keep it that way for something different. Tomorrow I'll steam it and shap it a little better.

CA5FC793-BC74-4ED4-8205-5C4CD4669F0E-7439-000004E0F156D02E_zps690e31d0.jpg

E1A1AA01-3E2E-451B-858D-885372BD3421-7439-000004E0F60C9F52_zpsc743e8f1.jpg
DA5C6F2D-2D07-4E62-B3D2-5D4F60273113-7439-000004E0F398D582_zps081209a2.jpg

I just got mine yesterday, and I love the color!
Unfortunately, despite it's Awesomeness, I don't think this hat is going to work for me....
If anyone missed out on this order and has a size 60 noggin, I'm going to post in the classifieds later.
Or send me a PM. I'm not looking for a profit, just covering my costs....

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I just got mine yesterday, and I love the color!
Unfortunately, despite it's Awesomeness, I don't think this hat is going to work for me....
If anyone missed out on this order and has a size 60 noggin, I'm going to post in the classifieds later.
Or send me a PM. I'm not looking for a profit, just covering my costs....

I'm sure you won't have it long. There were several people upset at missing this buy and 60 is a great size. Mine is a 61 but I can usually fit in a 60 pretty comfortably. I can tell already that mine is gonna be one of my "go to" hats.

Terry

samlark

New in Town
All the hat pictures look great, and I'm glad to see so many people reporting the delivery of their new Campdrafts. It's a new week, and I'm as excited as I can be, because my hat can't be far behind!

-- Sammy

DesertDan

One Too Many
Recieved mine Friday!
Looks fantastic, what a great color!
I dry bashed a teardrop into it and it holds it very well. I will probably have a proper blocking done at some point but for now I am enjoying it very much.
It is just slightly large on me but that was expected and just a small amount of shrinkage will make it perfect.
I also notice that it does have a noticable scent but I expect that to disapate over time.

This is a great hat and I really appreciate everyone's efforts to make it happen.

Cheers!
DD

samlark

New in Town
I was right!

Today I join the proud ranks of Campdraft owners. My hat arrived today (shipped Jan. 23), and I could not be happier. I love the color, and the fit is spot-on. I'll get some pictures up as soon as I finish shaping it, though it might take a while to get it just right since I've never done this before.

Have a great day, guys.

-- Sammy

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I was right!

Today I join the proud ranks of Campdraft owners. My hat arrived today (shipped Jan. 23), and I could not be happier. I love the color, and the fit is spot-on. I'll get some pictures up as soon as I finish shaping it, though it might take a while to get it just right since I've never done this before.

Have a great day, guys.

-- Sammy

Yeah, I actually wore mine out today for the first time and it was very comfortable. I noticed some of my friends really taking a look at it. I'm still sporting the dry bash but I'm sure now I'm gonna leave the center dent as pictured in my previous post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner