Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fictional Character Crush

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Miss Caroline said:
Oh oh oh! I just thought of a new one.
The guy who plays Henry VIII in TV series The Tudors.
he's nice. :)
Jonathan Rhys Meyers?
The guy playing Charles Brandon (Henry Cavill) is much much hotter. He's utterly deliscious, in fact! :D

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Tinseltown said:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers?
The guy playing Charles Brandon (Henry Cavill) is much much hotter. He's utterly deliscious, in fact! :D

And nobody wore babyfat quite like he did in the Count of Monte Cristo with Jim Cavizel...
Have you seen I Capture the Castle? He's just too pretty.
Henry_Cavill.jpg

He's my ultimate celebrity love. I'm swooning just thinking about him ;)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
maggiethespy said:
And nobody wore babyfat quite like he did in the Count of Monte Cristo with Jim Cavizel...
Have you seen I Capture the Castle? He's just too pretty.
Henry_Cavill.jpg

He's my ultimate celebrity love. I'm swooning just thinking about him ;)
I KNOW! :eek:
I love him both babyfaced and manly. It's funny how diffrent he can look.
He is almost too beautiful in I Capture The Castle especially (exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPcxTEIkP_o) and also CoMC (One of my fave stories and movies) and in say, The Tudors he is just plain sexy! (exhibit B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip-OAY5sBPc) :D

Girl, you'll have to fight me for him. lol

SugarCoatedKid

New in Town
I definitely loved Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind. One look at him and the way he carried himself, and i was hooked. And of course there is Edward Cullen, if anyone here has ever read the Twilight Saga;)

anabolina

A-List Customer
Thanks for reminding me of 2 of my favorite young adult books MsCaroline and JupitersDarling. I can't remember how many times I read The Blue Sword and Corlath was definitely crush-worthy. Ditto for Alec from A Little Love Song. I'd forgotten the title for that one, but I remember the story and Alec fondly. I love this thread, I'm a teen librarian now and have an excuse to read all the YA lit I want.

ETA: Now I know why I couldn't remember the title. When I read it, the title was Not a Swan.

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
anabolina said:
Thanks for reminding me of 2 of my favorite young adult books MsCaroline and JupitersDarling. I can't remember how many times I read The Blue Sword and Corlath was definitely crush-worthy. Ditto for Alec from A Little Love Song. I'd forgotten the title for that one, but I remember the story and Alec fondly. I love this thread, I'm a teen librarian now and have an excuse to read all the YA lit I want.

ETA: Now I know why I couldn't remember the title. When I read it, the title was Not a Swan.

I was a children's bookseller for 5 years, and old habits die hard.
Sometimes I have to force myself to read adult books..... (she said putting down Twilight...):eek:

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Not a crush, per se, but I have to say Mr Darcy. And Edmund Bertram. And for a laugh, Bertie Wooster. And Jack Sparrow. And Roger Hamley. lol.
But, of course, I'd take my husband above all and he's a real life person :D and kind of a combination of all, of sorts.

VintageVixie

I'm completely smitten by Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility.

Also,from two Frances Hodgson Burnett books: The father, Archibald Craven, from The Secret Garden. He's so tragic and sad and he finally gets his act together. And Captain Ralph Crewe from A Little Princess- it doesn't hurt that in film adaptations he's always ridiculously handsome in his WW1 military uniform. (The film adaptations, at least the two I've seen, also have much happier endings for him... yep.)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The first 2 of the 3 Meg Ryans in Joe Vs. the Volcano (1990). Dee Dee, the brunette, and Angelica, the sad, self-proclaimed "flibbertigibbet." I am attracted to any woman who uses words like "flibbertigibbet."

Those second banana gals who were supposed to be A Little Too Old and A Little Too Wise, like Liz in The Philadephia Story, or Milo in An American in Paris.

kyda

One of the Regulars
Captain Jack

The guy that plays Captain Jack in Torchwood - I can't think of his name but anyway he is very dishy ( pity he is gay). There is just something about a man in uniform. As for Mr Darcy well he is slipping out of favour due to the fact that he has yet to make an appearance, Miss Molly would you have anything to do with it?????????lol lol lol lol lol lol

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
It's been awhile but I suppose I might just as well dive right back in.

Lt. Roland (Ronald?) Spiers isn't a fictional character, he's actually a real man, but I've never quite gotten over his portrayal in the "Band of Brothers" miniseries. I'm arrested every time he comes on screen. Tall and bad and unnaturally brave. Oh my.

My other secret little crushes are on Buddy Willard and Constantine in Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar. I very much wanted them both to succeed with Esther though they were definitely rivals in a sense. Ultimately, however, Buddy would be my top pick. I very much wish Esther would have been able to forgive him his little sins and move on with their lives instead of transfixing on the disparity and his faults. Wishful thinking I suppose. The scene when he asked her to the Yale Junior Prom is still my favorite part. Buddy's always reminded me of a fellow I knew in school named Vince. Buddy's pride and blunt, boyish traits mixed with Hobey Baker's rounded, gorgeous face and made in an African-American image. *sigh* *melt*

L_H

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
kyda said:
As for Mr Darcy well he is slipping out of favour due to the fact that he has yet to make an appearance, Miss Molly would you have anything to do with it?????????lol lol lol lol lol lol

Me? [angel] What on earth would give you that idea? lol

Also, I have developed another crush. My friend recently got Casanova on DVD and I have to say David Tennant as young Casanova wasn't looking too shabby...

kyda

One of the Regulars

David Tennant is rather cute, but my latest crush is not a fictional character he is real it is Richard Hammond from Top Gear, besides the fact that I probably would not have to wear killer heels next to him he is just soo [huh] [huh] there is just something about the guy that makes my knee's go weak

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
maggiethespy said:
I'm going to have to disagree with Edward Cullen as a loveable character. He's manipulating and controling, and there's nothing healthy about that at all. I think he's actually a terrible person for young women to be fictionally in love with.

Ooohhh...but don't you see? :) That's part of the fantasy....the boys that are bad for you are always the ones that are the most exciting (in an animalistic, addictive sort of way).....

In fact, I had to retrain myself to start going for the *good* guys in real life because the bad-boys were so thrilling. :) Shift the 'ole priorities.

So I think it is okay and even healthy to have bad boys in your fantasies, as long as your "real" relationships are grounded in reality.....Earlier I said that "Jamie" from Outlander was one of my fictional crushes, but in real life I would find him way too dominating. Unless a woman likes that sort of thing.

I think there are the men you have "crazy" passionate affairs with, and the men that you marry. The former provide thrills, hot monkey sex and oceans of tears. The latter provide stability, companionship, friendship, reliablility and long-lasting love, which are crucial to health and happiness. And obviously there are more categories than just two. :)
And I am in no way saying that a healthy marriage cannot be passionate.

But a fantasy is called a fantasy for a reason....and I think "fictional character crush" can fall into that category.:D

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
maggiethespy said:
I'm going to have to disagree with Edward Cullen as a loveable character. He's manipulating and controling, and there's nothing healthy about that at all. I think he's actually a terrible person for young women to be fictionally in love with.

I know that what's appealing in books and movies isn't always appealing in real life. But I don't get the Edward Cullen craze, either. Bad? He doesn't even drink human blood. Daring? Since he's practically indescructible, he never put himself in danger. Creepy and controlling? In spades.

VintageVixie

Well I hate it when an old vampire gets into a teenage girl anyway. It's disgusting, just as bad as any adult who is into a teenager. I won't even read those books, and I'm a lifelong vampire aficionado. It works when the vampire is supposed to be evil and doesn't care about who he damages. Otherwise, it makes no sense. But that is just my opinion.

I have a total crush on the character of Tigh from Secret of the Roan Inish.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
VintageVixie said:
Well I hate it when an old vampire gets into a teenage girl anyway. It's disgusting, just as bad as any adult who is into a teenager. I won't even read those books, and I'm a lifelong vampire aficionado. It works when the vampire is supposed to be evil and doesn't care about who he damages. Otherwise, it makes no sense. But that is just my opinion.

I have a total crush on the character of Tigh from Secret of the Roan Inish.

But what about Buffy and Angel?!? :) Mmmmm....Aaaannngel.

P.S. Actually, I prefer Spike. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran