Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fictional Character Crush

I'mSuzyParker

Familiar Face
Ladies, I was having a conversation with a friend and we were giggling over similar crushes we had had on characters from books we had read - especially as older girls/teens. Any of you ever crush on a character from a book or movie? If so, what character(s)? I was smitten with Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables and also Laurie from Little Women (so disappointed Jo wouldn't marry him). And, if you have one from a novel you read as an adult, please advice.. I could use a new novel crush : )

Foofoogal

Banned
My crush was Troy Donahue.

I always wanted to be Heidi and live on a mountain.
I loved books as a child and had many people I wanted to meet and be like.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
ShoreRoadLady said:
Oh, goodness! That was a huge pet peeve of mine when I read "Little Women". I could not understand the logic of picking Professor Bhaer over Laurie...well, I could, but it was *not* the ending I wanted. :eusa_doh:
Even when I was younger I thought Bhaer was kinda hot. Well, not hot in looks, but hot in intelligence. LOL. I dug Jo's choice :p

My girlhood crush has to be Nat, from The Witch of Blackbird Pond.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Oh, I loved both Laurie and The Professor! I couldn't have picked!

I'm absolutely in love with Jay Gatsby. I fall further and further in love with him every time I read The Great Gatsby. It is definitely my favorite book, and I highly recommend all of you to read it if you haven't!

When I was a little girl, though, it was definitely Dickon from The Secret Garden and Almonzo from the Little House books.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
I would get a crush on every hero of every book that I was reading--then forget once I got through the last page and closed the back cover, and move on to the next book and the next hero...lol :p :rolleyes:
My favs were books by Mary Stewart and Arthur Hailey during my high school-college years. Hmm...maybe I should take the time to dig into the back of the old book case and see if I still have a copy or two of something :D

Mojito

One Too Many
Jay Gatsby and Sydney Carton (flamboyant, charming, doomed - is there a trend?)

I went through the near obligatory Rochester stage as well. Although Wuthering Heights was and is my favourite novel, I didn't exactly fancy Heathcliffe, but I've known many girls who did (which is interesting).

Mercutio from Romeo and Juliet and Hotspur from Henry IV Part One...ooops, here goes the whole flamboyant and doomed thing again.

Schmendrick the Magician!

Miss Pinup

New in Town
Mr Darcy - Pride and Prejudice
Mr Rochester - Jayne Eyre

They did it for me.....and somewhere inside I guess Im still looking...:eek:

kyda

One of the Regulars
Be still my beating heart

The one that I fall for every time is Colin Forth in Pride and Prejudice. Him in those wet johdpurs oh would make me want to leave my husband, the other man is Big out of Sex and The City. It is not a stomach flip kinda thing, it is that smile and how it just make's you feel safe and that he is always there for Carrie.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Miss Amelina - ooooh yes!!! (yay fictional redheads, says this RL one)

Lymond in the Dorothy Dunnett sequence - don't know why that is at all as he is not only mostly unpleasant and unprincipled but *blond*.

Valentine Keen in Alexander Kent's Bolitho series (also blond... which is kinda weird...cos there is only *one* RL blond that I would look at twice)

Jack Aubrey from Patrick O'Brian's Master & Commander books. Ummmm... also blond.... ???

Another Francis, another flippin blond (I'd never thought about this.....) in Pamela Belle's 17th century series.

Giving up now before I discover an unsuspected fetish for fair haired men :eusa_doh:

leaette

A-List Customer
I have a huge crush on Prof Snape from the Harry Potter movies. I have no idea why, but I would love to have a whirlwind romance with him.

When I was little, I crushed Hans Solo from the Star Wars movies.

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
I see that I have already been beaten to it when it comes to Colin Firth as Mr Darcy, but he is rather dashing isnt he? *swoon*

mrdarcy.jpg

Back off ladies, he's mine!!!

I also used to have quite a crush on Dimitri from the cartoon Anastasia, but lets not go there....... :eusa_doh:

(Sorry the picture is so large, I havn't quite figured out this whole re-sizing business yet!)

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Rhett Butler for me. I'm Scarlett to a "t" I'm afraid....and my mother is Melly, makes for a very interesting household:rolleyes:

I agree with Colin as Mr.Darcy!!!

As a child I had a bit of a thing for the eldest son in The Box Car Children...Henry? I think?

Theres a book series written by a wonderful author, and all of the heroins are rather ... proper, and all are incredibly innocent, they all get into some sticky situation and the Hero comes and saves them, even though they don't think they'll ever end up with him, in the end they do and he always gives them their first kiss. Different Heroines and Hero's each book. At the end of the book I"m always in love with the guy!lol

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
miss_molly said:
I also used to have quite a crush on Dimitri from the cartoon Anastasia, but lets not go there....... :eusa_doh:

Me too, and I think it is because that character is basically John Cusack from every other movie he's ever been in, especially the flicks from the 80s. Have you seen him in The Journey of Natty Gann? He plays a teenage drifter in the 1930s. He's adoreable!

And how could I forget Mr. Rochester? *swoons*

I sort of can't stand Mr. Darcy, but I do love Col. Brandon and Captain Wentworth! Those two are my favorite Austen heroes.

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
maggiethespy said:
Me too, and I think it is because that character is basically John Cusack from every other movie he's ever been in, especially the flicks from the 80s. Have you seen him in The Journey of Natty Gann? He plays a teenage drifter in the 1930s. He's adoreable!

Glad that I'm not the only one! Oooh, no I havn't seen that - I think I am going to have to do so though......*rushes off to rent film*

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
Cal Trask from East of Eden... I was always so jealous of Julie Harris! :p

Dean3.jpg

So dreamy...

I also had a crush on Rhett Butler!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21