Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally made a website for my jackets

buler

I'll Lock Up
Great start Mark.

At least on my browser your main logo pic is overlayed at the bottom 1/4 by the main menu. I'm using Internet Explorer.

B

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
congrattttttttts!

love your philosophy of creating true to the era jackets! nice site...i know you'll do well, and i'll certainly check up on your offerings. including, of course, your luftwaffe style offerings.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hi Mark,

great looking site and good pictures too. I was amazed to learn that you have a Dürkopp-Adler sewing machine. Dürkopp was located in Bielefeld (Westfalia) which is only 15 miles from where I live. Dürkopp used to have a long tradition in making motorcycles, cars and high quality sewing machines and they were among the "big three" in Bielefeld. They went bust in the early 60s I think, and were sold to ZF (Kugelfischer) in southern Germany. The company continued making sewing machines and bicycles until the mid 90s. Among people that are "in the know" the are very highly regarded for their precise German engineering and their overall longevity.
Here's a vintage ad for their products:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/8/8a/Duerrkopp-annonce-1898.jpg

And another with other ads from long gone companies:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/0/0c/Illustrierte-zeitung-1898-15.jpg

Good luck for your future projects!

Justhandguns

Practically Family
That's very cool! Maybe you should also include a guest jacket section as well to expand the collection!! :eusa_clap

fishmeok

Vendor
Thanks- I know it's a little amateur, but I'm working on it in my spare time, when I'm not working on jackets or my day job or fixing the house...
Wordpress is a great website builder, but I am still trying to figure out things like picture resizing, etc. My intention was to write a little bit each day on the blog, but that hasn't worked out yet.

Jan- as far as I know Durkopp-Adler machines are nowadays made mostly in the Czech republic, but I'm not certain of that. The buttonholer is an incredible piece of machinery, VERY complicated but it works like a charm.

I have a few more jackets to make before I make a russet A-2- I really need to make new versions of each jacket with the latest hides but there's that time issue.

Cheers
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21