Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Gamma68

One Too Many
That Norshor is a GW ventura!!!
What a steal!

I know next to nothing about Norshor but believe that jacket is the NS2. Or some iteration of it (design of back is different). The company also made a NS3 that appears to be no longer available.

https://www.norshorleather.com/collection

In any event, someone here should buy that jacket. Looks like a complete steal if it’s your size (46).

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Gamma68

One Too Many
I'm really digging this vintage Levi's trucker jacket (especially the distressed style is appealing to me) but I'm not sure about the quality of Levi's vintage jackets and the leather and heaviness (I guess cowhide, medium weight). What do you think about this jacket (condition, quality, etc.)? Thanks!
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Vtg-LEVIS-B...447732?hash=item364b9767f4:g:ihoAAOSwOntcsP-9

I've had my eye on this one as well. In addition to these questions, I wonder about the quality of Levi's Europe products made in Pakistan.

Mich486

One Too Many
That’s not what I would call a vintage jacket. I don’t think was made earlier than the 90’s, more likely 2000’s. Standard line Levi’s leather jackets I’ve handled are mostly made in China these days whether they are sold in Europe or US doesn’t make much difference. LVC is a different story.

The jacket itself doesn’t look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Here’s a real interesting jacket. Norshor Campus Togs horsehide halfbelt:

s-l1600.jpg

The seller ended the auction early..Did a anyone here get this one? I was bidding on it but it looks like someone made an offer the seller couldn't refuse!

Last edited:

lucky23

One of the Regulars
Yes, these are deals we find online, not personal sales. Those go in the classifieds.

@lucky23 keep us posted on that cycle rider. I hope the condition is good to go.
BTW, the Schott CHP jacket came today and its well worth the $200 I paid for it. Fits great, is well made and the leather is REALLY nice. I find, in my opinion that Schott jackets tend to vary in quality from my experience. This one is hands down the best looking motorcycle jacket by Schott Ive ever owned. Interesting thing is the belt loops are are as thick as a Sam Browne belt. Very sturdy, which makes me wonder if this was made for a real police officer. It has a badge patch with grommets. Ive not been able to find one quite like it. Thanks for the tip, JMax:)

BTW, the Schott CHP jacket came today and its well worth the $200 I paid for it. Fits great, is well made and the leather is REALLY nice. I find, in my opinion that Schott jackets tend to vary in quality from my experience. This one is hands down the best looking motorcycle jacket by Schott Ive ever owned. Interesting thing is the belt loops are are as thick as a Sam Browne belt. Very sturdy, which makes me wonder if this was made for a real police officer. It has a badge patch with grommets. Ive not been able to find one quite like it. Thanks for the tip, JMax:)

Very nice. I was tempted but have many jackets in this style. Though reading this perhaps I should have one more. Glad it worked out, it looked like a cool jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Aero's Type III in suede. Earlier version but still a damn good price for a brand new Aero!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Leather-Heavy-Black-Suede-Trucker-Style-Jacket-New-w-o-Tags-Size-42/192892962666

s-l1600.jpg

Wow, never seen that leather. Very interesting. Does anyone have experience with this suede material? Looks to be quite stiff and thick. More like a "rough out" in black? It is marked a 42, measures out to a 44. Says Shipping to USA is questionable. May need a proxy! The photos suck as far as showing it black and I want it to be black, not grey or dark brown.

I came her to gloat a bit on a unworn beauty I just bought. Yes, unworn, no explanation why, no measuements, 4 odd pictures and a reference to the makers site for more information. The pictures did identify it as describe, unworn. I'm kinda stunned I got it. I think there were like 25 people already watching it when I bought it and it wasn't on that long. A jacket style I have admired by a maker I know well, not a style often seen. I may have had an opportunity to own one several years ago. Not a jacket I was pursuing, just appeared. Not sure I will like it, though I know it will fit. It is my size. The color is not Black. It was priced for an easy buy and try. Could be a buy try and Fly. You all recognize the process. Maybe someone here sold it? Not for sale here though.

Wow, never seen that leather. Very interesting. Does anyone have experience with this suede material? Looks to be quite stiff and thick. More like a "rough out" in black? It is marked a 42, measures out to a 44. Says Shipping to USA is questionable. May need a proxy! The photos suck as far as showing it black and I want it to be black, not grey or dark brown.

Interestingly so, it had an international shipping as an option yesterday. Someone should jump in on this, whatever the case. You can't lose $ with such a jacket.
As for the hide, seems to me it just might be made from a top layer of the leather - the actual underside of a leather on the outside, with the exterior facing inside of the jacket. Not just split hide like all the other suede. That'd explain why it looks smooth (unlike the usual shaggy suede) and it's something that significantly raises its value.

I came her to gloat a bit on a unworn beauty I just bought. Yes, unworn, no explanation why, no measuements, 4 odd pictures and a reference to the makers site for more information. The pictures did identify it as describe, unworn. I'm kinda stunned I got it. I think there were like 25 people already watching it when I bought it and it wasn't on that long. A jacket style I have admired by a maker I know well, not a style often seen. I may have had an opportunity to own one several years ago. Not a jacket I was pursuing, just appeared. Not sure I will like it, though I know it will fit. It is my size. The color is not Black. It was priced for an easy buy and try. Could be a buy try and Fly. You all recognize the process. Maybe someone here sold it? Not for sale here though.

Well, which jacket is it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko