Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Wow, never seen that leather. Very interesting. Does anyone have experience with this suede material? Looks to be quite stiff and thick. More like a "rough out" in black? It is marked a 42, measures out to a 44. Says Shipping to USA is questionable. May need a proxy! The photos suck as far as showing it black and I want it to be black, not grey or dark brown.
Aero used to offer their College jacket in non-split suede (sadly, not anymore) which essentially can only mean whole hide rough side out. Maybe this Trucker is made from that stuff.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Here is my first link. I don't know much about Buco jackets. I see them and look, but seldom interested in buying one. Just not my style of jacket. This one is in a nice larger size, 46/44 and appears to be in decent condition. I've not seen many in this popular size.

It is a bargain at BIN $1100? I believe someone will think so.

I put a bid on this jacket, now I'm really interested.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Gamma68

One Too Many
I hope you are the winner, Terry!

I'm no expert, but having looked at auction results in the past, it seems to me people are willing to pay around $1,000 for a vintage Buco in nice condition.

Some people will say that for the money, the modern Buco repros are better. Better leather, better construction, etc. But there's something about owning an original, too.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Here is my first link. I don't know much about Buco jackets. I see them and look, but seldom interested in buying one. Just not my style of jacket. This one is in a nice larger size, 46/44 and appears to be in decent condition. I've not seen many in this popular size.

It is a bargain at BIN $1100? I believe someone will think so.

I put a bid on this jacket, now I'm really interested.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Terry, be careful with this Buco, esp. in case you haven't noticed these still:
- the main zipper isn't an initial original one at all, just look at sloppy stitching around... its main zipper was removed by smb and then changed for this more modern one,
-right sleeve zipper isn't original too, it was removed and then changed for another one (definitely not original or at least looking period correct - but more modern one), with sloppy stitching all around.
Quite an interesting jacket all-in-all - well, yes, may be - but this one is definitely far away from its original condition, which I believe is quite important in case with any historical jacket.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Terry, be careful with this Buco, in case you haven't noticed it still:
-main zipper isn't an initial original one, it was removed and then changed by smb for a more modern zipper, threads and stitches all around main zipper are also different from original sewing and look more modern too.
-right sleeve zipper isn't original too, it was removed and then changed to another zipper (more modern), with sloppy stitching around.
Quite an interesting jacket all-in-all - well, yes, may be - but it's definitely not in its original condition - which I believe is quite important in case with any historical jacket.

Thanks, I probably won't win it with my current bid. If I did, it would be a good deal as is. Just curious what this jacket will bring.

I hope you are the winner, Terry!

I'm no expert, but having looked at auction results in the past, it seems to me people are willing to pay around $1,000 for a vintage Buco in nice condition.

Some people will say that for the money, the modern Buco repros are better. Better leather, better construction, etc. But there's something about owning an original, too.

I'm not really into owning an original Buco. I did own a Diamond Dave repro which I liked, but sold. The best Buco redos I see are the Real McCoys and they cost what an original cost or more. I'm not really into owning one of those either.

I guess my questions is: at what price is this icon of MC jackets a "good" deal? This jacket with a BIN and auction option will be an interesting test. Since it has one bid it will be sold unless yanked or someone BINs, so stay tuned.

Any guess on the outcome?

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Hah, that's a question.
I suppose, not everybody on eBay might be very attentive - so, it might go for more than 400 $... to find out later that it actually isn't in its original condition...
I'd wait for any better example of Buco 'cause I usually don't like such evident sloppy repairs...

Thanks, I probably won't win it with my current bid. If I did, it would be a good deal as is. Just curious what this jacket will bring.

I'm not really into owning an original Buco. I did own a Diamond Dave repro which I liked, but sold. The best Buco redos I see are the Real McCoys and they cost what an original cost or more. I'm not really into owning one of those either.

I guess my questions is: at what price is this icon of MC jackets a "good" deal? This jacket with a BIN and auction option will be an interesting test. Since it has one bid it will be sold unless yanked or someone BINs, so stay tuned.

Larger size will attract more buyers. I love to gamble. I’ll say (in spite of the repairs) it clears $800.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21